Please please please no whingeing about the Juventus crowd

Soulboy said:
Blue Mooner said:
Here we go ! I'm not judging anyone, I don't know your personal circumstances, you know what you feel for the club.

My point very simply is that if you are ABLE to go to the game (discounting work commitments, money, family etc etc) and if you choose not to then clearly you have to question those fans commitment to the club.

Its quite simple, if Thursday was the semi finals(a la the rags in the Carling cup) we would sell out - so enough fans clearly can make the games in those circumstances (even when taking into account everyone's mitigating circumstances) therefore it stands to reason that a number of fans (I don't know who they are) choose not to go to games like Thursday (even though every game is crucial to us progressing) therefore in my opinion there are fans who are more passionate about the club than others. Its no more complicated than that so don't take it personally !

You answer your own question!

"If Thursday's game was a semi final it would sell out..."

Exactly!

But it's not. So that's why it's not sold out!

I'm suddenly questioning my ability to communicate ! That's EXACTLY what I find so annoying. Those who only turn up for the big games.

These exact fans are the one's that moan to high heaven about the team when they don't perform but then if it matters so much why can't they be bothered to turn up and support the team ?

We've been given a gift with our owner and our apathy is in danger of returning us to the doldrums. If I was the Sheikh I would seriously be questioning why I bother in the face of such apathy.

Just remember that when you think a Europa league tie against one of Italy's biggest clubs isnt worth attending, when we had 30 years of no european football at all.

Blue Mooner said:
Soulboy said:
You answer your own question!

"If Thursday's game was a semi final it would sell out..."

Exactly!

But it's not. So that's why it's not sold out!

I'm suddenly questioning my ability to communicate ! That's EXACTLY what I find so annoying. Those who only turn up for the big games.

These exact fans are the one's that moan to high heaven about the team when they don't perform but then if it matters so much why can't they be bothered to turn up and support the team ?

We've been given a gift with our owner and our apathy is in danger of returning us to the doldrums. If I was the Sheikh I would seriously be questioning why I bother in the face of such apathy.

Just remember that when you think a Europa league tie against one of Italy's biggest clubs isnt worth attending, when we had 30 years of no european football at all.

So, let me get this right...

People should turn up for ALL games whether they are big games, or less big games or meaningless games... yes?

You think we should get the same turnout for Chelsea as we should for Poznan?

I'll let you into a little secret... poeple tend to pick and choose their games depending on the opposition,the competitiveness of the game, the players on show, the imnportance of the game... blah, blah, blah.

Because they don't all have the same level of fanaticism as you doesn't make them bad people.

leewill31 said:
Blue Mooner said:
Here we go ! I'm not judging anyone, I don't know your personal circumstances, you know what you feel for the club.

My point very simply is that if you are ABLE to go to the game (discounting work commitments, money, family etc etc) and if you choose not to then clearly you have to question those fans commitment to the club.

Its quite simple, if Thursday was the semi finals(a la the rags in the Carling cup) we would sell out - so enough fans clearly can make the games in those circumstances (even when taking into account everyone's mitigating circumstances) therefore it stands to reason that a number of fans (I don't know who they are) choose not to go to games like Thursday (even though every game is crucial to us progressing) therefore in my opinion there are fans who are more passionate about the club than others. Its no more complicated than that so don't take it personally !

not really taking personal its just i sometimes find it hard to understand how some worry themselves so much about other peoples personal choices.

Worry is not the right word frustration is more apt. I find it annoying that our fans show so little desire for the team to the extent that I even question whether we as a club are deserving of the money being invested.

Perhaps it matters too much to me and I'm the abnormal one. I just want our club to be the best both ON and OFF the pitch. By not turning up we're giving all our opponents the ammunition they need to call us a small time club.

Blue Mooner said:

Here we go. Exactly what I was talking about in my original post.

You are not The Sheikh. Not even close.

Really, really....not even close at all

Soulboy said:
Blue Mooner said:

So, let me get this right...

People should turn up for ALL games whether they are big games, or less big games or meaningless games... yes?

You think we should get the same turnout for Chelsea as we should for Poznan?

I'll let you into a little secret... poeple tend to pick and choose their games depending on the opposition,the competitiveness of the game, the players on show, the imnportance of the game... blah, blah, blah.

Because they don't all have the same level of fanaticism as you doesn't make them bad people.

In my view, yes, I go to watch City not the opposition and if its a home game I will be there and don't really understand why you wouldn't. If everyone had the same mindset then I don't think people would question a Thursday night Europa game because they would know that there would be a good crowd and atmosphere and it would become like any other home game in the Prem.

Ok I know we have season cards week in week out, but why is Wigan any better than Juve in the Europa ? I know which I would rather watch.

We have to change the mindset, it's called group think or something like that, and for some reason we as a group of fans more than any other appear to treat Prem games differently from other games and I genuinely 'don't get it'<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:28 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Mooner said:

Here we go. Exactly what I was talking about in my original post.

You are not The Sheikh. Not even close.

Really, really....not even close at all

Never said I was but it genuinely does concern me that he will just think oh f*ck this ungrateful twats ! Because If it were me I would seriously be reaching that point with the attitudes on here.

It's not for me, or anyone else for that matter, to sit in judgement on other blues for their attendance (or lack of) at matches.
Personal circumstances, (financial, geographical, family) all contribute to peoples ability to attend matches.
I live 250 miles away & dont go to every game. I have to pick & choose for the reasons stated above. But I tend to choose evening games & Euopean ties.
I went to Timisoara & Salzburg & am going to Poznan & Juventus.
But that doesn't make me a better Blue.
I didn't go to West Brom or Wigan and that doesn't make me worse Blue either.
Horses for courses.
But if I lived closer, had the money & didn't have a non-footballing wife & kids I'd go to every game.

Blue Mooner said:
Never said I was but it genuinely does concern me that he will just think oh f*ck this ungrateful twats ! Because If it were me I would seriously be reaching that point with the attitudes on here.

You're not the first to suggest that posts on Bluemoon will result in the Sheikh writing off his £500m investment because of posts on Bluemoon. I'm sure you won't be the last either.

But have a little think about it, that's all I ask.

Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Mooner said:

You're not the first to suggest that posts on Bluemoon will result in the Sheikh writing off his £500m investment because of posts on Bluemoon. I'm sure you won't be the last either.

I'm not suggesting it will have anything to do with Bluemoon what I would suggest it would be to do with is apathetic fans who can't be bothered turning out unless its Man U or a similarly 'BIG' game.

Despite my 'moments' I'm sure the Sheikh is made of sterner stuff than me and has more patience and its clear this is a long term 'project'.

However my view is that I'm not complacent that this situation will last for ever and I intend to make sure I make the most of the situation and not treat a European tie against Juventus like some small time not to be bothered with game when in fact I spent 30 odd years hoping we would just get into European competition.

BM, It has always been like that.

Our attendances have been steadily increasing since the takeover.

That will continue, I'm sure.

That's all that matters.

Blue Mooner said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'm not suggesting it will have anything to do with Bluemoon what I would suggest it would be to do with is apathetic fans who can't be bothered turning out unless its Man U or a similarly 'BIG' game.

Despite my 'moments' I'm sure the Sheikh is made of sterner stuff than me and has more patience and its clear this is a long term 'project'.

However my view is that I'm not complacent that this situation will last for ever and I intend to make sure I make the most of the situation and not treat a European tie against Juventus like some small time not to be bothered with game when in fact I spent 30 odd years hoping we would just get into European competition.

what i would like you to remember is the fact i actully envy fans like you that can go to most if not all games,Ive lost count the amount of times Ive watched a match on telly and said "Christ i wish i was there with that lot"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.