Please Stop Saying United are in decline

Can i just ask what makes u assume that united wont ever be out of the top four. I ask this in all seriousness apart from maybe rooney, vidic and evra what united players would you have?

Im sorry but this year they havent been good at all and have won alot of games on luck and shoddy refereeing decisions. It takes a couple of bad games and that confidence wobbles and ur falling quick and looking at there team they dont have the players to dig them out of it.

It easy to say we have seen this all before but the scum as a rule evolve a team slot in a couple of players into a winning team, now they have to slot maybe 5 or 6 IF they can get them. Its that kind of defeatist attitude by most of the premiership which will ensure the top four stays the way it does and never changes.

pmsl at posting a thread reprimanding posters saying "bad" things about United on a City forum.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Personally, people can post what they want as far as I'm concerned. I'm certainly not going to start a thread telling them what they should and should not write!

We've been here before so many times that I'm not getting my hopes up of them having a mediocre season by their standards next year:

When they lost Ince, Kanchelskis, and Hughes in the summer of 1995 (not to mention Cantona being banned for the first 6 or 8 matches of the '95-'96 season) most of us thought they'd struggle like fuck - even the experts such as Alan Hansen with his "You can't win anything with kids" comment thought as much. They went on to do the double.

When Cantona retired in 1997, most of us again thought they'd struggle like fuck. Despite a trophy-less 1997-98 season, they won an unprecendented treble the following campaign.

When Beckham did one to Madrid we again thought they might struggle. Ditto when Van Horseface went as well. On both occasions it didn't seem to affect them at all.

All this proves that writing them off is foolish - they'll have a shit-load of cash to spend when Tranny leaves and if they get Valencia and either one of Ribery/Benzema I don't think they'll be much worse off. They'll probably have funds left over to bring someone else in on top of those too.

However, what I will say is this - there's a common denominator in all those examples above, and that of course is Bacon Face and it's him chucking the towel in that we should be hoping for far more than the likes of Ronaldo going. It's he that seemingly holds it all together for them, and they're far more likely to enter a period of decline when he finally departs rather than when any of their star players leave.

Whether or not they are in decline is open to debate. What is not in doubt is that their fans are really troubled by our new status, and terrified that they may be pushed off that top spot by a club they have always ridiculed. So whilst I don't doubt that they might find good replacements for Tevez, Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc., I refuse to pass up this opportunity of hammering it home every time we sign someone and telling THEM that they are in decline. Because deep down quite a lot of them also think they are and theyre feeling very uncomfortable about it. Happy days.....

aarond said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Zab and Micah.

I think Zab's our best rightback but worry about Micah. I hope that he is actually knuckling down. If he does, then we've got 2 good rightbacks granted.

Zab is not our best rightback, i've seen micah clearing up after zab on numerous occasions this season. if you watch this video, you will see on several occasions micah has to go from cb to rb to clear up the mes that zab should of done.
http://www.citymediauk.com/miscmicahrichards.html

Been here before when the likes of Cantona, Ince, Kanchelski's left.

Different circumstances. The Ayatollah was younger then. They still hadn't been awarded the CL and that was what he cherished more than anything else - remember, all he wanted was to 'knock Liverpool off their perch'?
Now we have more money than any other team in world football and can afford whoever's available. They can't. The Bully himself is fast approaching retirement and they have to find a replacement who can guarantee CL football for the foreseeable future in order to service that massive debt they've got. And nobody can guarantee anything in football (well, apart from controversial penalties being awarded to the rags, of course).
Ourselves, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, probably even Villa and Everton too are more than capable of stopping the rags getting their own way again all season.

If anything, I think we should all up the dosage of winding up the scum and hopefully they'll overdose on abuse and fuck off out of our way.

United are on the up and their future looks fantastic - OP happier with this??
They may not be as strong as before but we all know that the rags will be the ones to beat in the league once again, and that anyone who finished above them will most likely be champions..

To say they are on the decline is a bit hasty, but at the same time, they have issues in a number of key positions and they really do need to get in replacements for tranny, tevez, van der sar, neville, scholes, giggs. That is a lot of players who need replacing. Of course they've got the money to do it, but it's one thing having the money, quite another making good use of it.

Obviously fergie has the track record, but that doesn't mean he will come up trumps every time, so I think it's fair to say that they have some problems and that successfully resolving them is by no means certain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.