Plzen vs City post match thread

The Man With The Stick said:
jimharri said:
Plzen seem a good team, think they could cause problems for others in our group.

Great second half. Much prefer Ferno playin the deeper role... doesn't make it look pretty but doesn't give em a second alone on the ball either.

Nasri was mint tonight.
Give over. If they get more than 1 point, I'll be surprised. We'll double them, as will Bayern. CSKA will easily beat them in Moscow. So, if the theory of CSKA being poor travellers is true, Plzen may hold them to a draw at home.
Thought they seemed alright in the first ahlf, good tempo and passin, maybe missed a striker though.
No; not really. City were piss poor in that first half, yet we still should have been at least 1 up (Edin's headed chance). All I can remember Plzen doing in that period was a whipped in free kick that Joe punched clear; they never really looked that dangerous. The group's whipping boys, like we were last season!

daxman said:
Fallingbostel Blue said:
Nasri was my mom,
I have to agree. He ran all day. Close 2nd and 3rd would probably be Navas and Yaya. That goal was stupendous!!!

Thought Navas looked poor to be honest. Won a few corners, but never looked like going anywhere with the ball. Nasri, Yaya, and Aguero were all great tonight.

A good game to sharpen us up for the derby. 1st half best draw a veil over although I did think Nasri looked good and continued his form into the 2nd half with others stepping up once we scored. And the 2nd half was us looking more like it. Crisp passing/interchanging round the box and Sergio looking sharp. 3 great goals and the whipping boys of the group duly whipped. Cant say fairer than that.

Oh and winning our opening game psychologically was very important for us. Its time we had a bit of a break in the CL and this gives us the chance to get some momentum going.

jimharri said:
jimharri said:
Give over. If they get more than 1 point, I'll be surprised. We'll double them, as will Bayern. CSKA will easily beat them in Moscow. So, if the theory of CSKA being poor travellers is true, Plzen may hold them to a draw at home.
Thought they seemed alright in the first ahlf, good tempo and passin, maybe missed a striker though.
No; not really. City were piss poor in that first half, yet we still should have been at least 1 up (Edin's headed chance). All I can remember Plzen doing in that period was a whipped in free kick that Joe punched clear; they never really looked that dangerous. The group's whipping boys, like we were last season!

I think you are being a little harsh Jim, they were OK in the first half

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.