Pointing.

stonerblue

No, not the McMinimum or McCartney type, the proper builders type.

Had my gable end and front of a terrace done last week. One man, no scaffold and boiling hot. Turned up 7.30am and grafted til 4/5pm. No fag breaks and no brews. Think he even ate the chips, peas and gravy i got him for dinner up his ladder. Took 3 days and did a fantastic job including sealing the brickwork afterwards. £1200 all in including righting a window that a cowboy fitter put in last year.

The guy was a machine and well worth every penny. Anyone else had excellent work done that you were 100% happy with?

Had my gable end and front of a terrace done last week. One man, no scaffold and boiling hot. Turned up 7.30am and grafted til 4/5pm. No fag breaks and no brews. Think he even ate the chips, peas and gravy i got him for dinner up his ladder. Took 3 days and did a fantastic job including sealing the brickwork afterwards. £1200 all in including righting a window that a cowboy fitter put in last year.

The guy was a machine and well worth every penny. Anyone else had excellent work done that you were 100% happy with?

Brexit is to blame for these good workers!

Jesus you couldve got the poor fucker a pudding.

A bloke did my garden last year, a week, proper job, on his own, no messing about, no radio jammed on some God awful station, played Pop Master with me every morning, got him back soon to sort the front out later this year.

Got a painter who's the same. No messing. Did my garages last year, plus the wood surrounds.

Trouble is they are busy, all the time. Getting either of them in requires patience.

£400 a day seems steep to me

Had a Polish kitchen fitter do our kitchen, electrics, tiling, fitted a complete kitchen for £500, which included sorting out the botched job my sister’s then “boyfriend “ did on the wiring ( pissed on the job). Money very well spent!
I also had boiler issues with our now 9 year old Worcester combi, the guy we initially got in said “ Nah mate, it’s not worth repairing, and I can’t get inside to fix it, even if I could, I can get you a new one for £900” I obviously said, thanks, I’ll be in touch... this was winter, my kids were ill, and I luckily got an Indian plumber of my friend to come out and look at it, it was just a pump needed fixing, he did a great job, came back twice after that to make sure, and threw in a partial service for £120!
And just for balance, we recently had our driveway, and back garden done by some local Irish guys, fantastic job, so much so that we’ve had people knocking on the door asking who did it and how much. Turned a shitty, unused front garden into a a beautiful driveway ( got to get kerbs dropped yet, that’s another long expensive story!)
All I can say is, do your research, don’t accept the first quote, get recommendations.

£400 a day seems steep to me
I'm a self employed builder, I charge that much for myself and each of my crew. Obviously they don't get paid that, I make money off them. The thing is I have to take time for meeting new customers, putting bids together etc. I don't get any paid vacation or sick time, if I'm not working I just don't get paid.It tends to even itself out somewhat when you take these things into consideration, although on a big house that may last a year or more it's pretty good money.
I also charge a percentage on all materials and all sub contractors

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.