Police video reveals brutal arrest of father for refusing to leave dying daughter

They were.
However, the fact they also happen to be doctors doesn’t give them the right to assault the consultant treating their daughter, as the hospital allege, and be violent and abusive towards other NHS staff. Or to assault a police officer who also required A&E treatment afterwards.
It’s a sad story all round but people working in hospitals have to put up with enough violence, shit and appalling behaviour from drunks and idiots without having to take it from colleagues as well
We don't know if half of that is true,we do know it was rough enough for him to have a heart attack,he was de-arrested

Last edited:
They might well have done? We are only seeing part of the picture. I doubt very much nurses and doctors who deal with those situations regularly would have felt the need to call in the police unless all other avenues had failed

Bollocks or they would have been in the side room with dignity!

Who in their right mind would want their daughter to die on a general ward when they have the option to be with her in private?

Apparently it looks like they were told the plug would be pulled "in half an hour" and then got the info "it's not today". No wonder the family were angry! If you know a death is going to happen within 36 hours, you get the situation prepared.

Sometimes you deal with cuntish consultants who are terrible communicators or are just awful people and consultants who are the most wonderful people you'll ever meet (we lost one on Friday).

I've seen and dealt with both.

The bad ones don't really care about the situation as they are compassionless and matter of fact. The good ones will foresee how to deal with the upcoming event and they'll create room.

I know you're 'speculating', but come on!

Bollocks or they would have been in the side room with dignity!

Who in their right mind would want their daughter to die on a general ward when they have the option to be with her in private?

Apparently it looks like they were told the plug would be pulled "in half an hour" and then got the info "it's not today". No wonder the family were angry! If you know a death is going to happen within 36 hours, you get the situation prepared.

Sometimes you deal with cuntish consultants who are terrible communicators or are just awful people and consultants who are the most wonderful people you'll ever meet (we lost one on Friday).

I've seen and dealt with both.

The bad ones don't really care about the situation as they are compassionless and matter of fact. The good ones will foresee how to deal with the upcoming event and they'll create room.

I know you're 'speculating', but come on!
We are only seeing one side of the story presented to the media as part of a civil claim.
If as has been alleged they assaulted and violently abused NHS colleagues then that is despicable, whatever the circumstances

We are only seeing one side of the story presented to the media as part of a civil claim.
If as has been alleged they assaulted and violently abused NHS colleagues then that is despicable, whatever the circumstances

You're, again, missing the point.

As medics/ physicians you KNOW when the person is going to die if you're willing to 'pull the plug' within 36 hours of mentioning it.

You take the family out of the situation of death on the ward, especially if you know a parent is a compatriot in medicine.

It sounds like a pretty shit consultant they've dealt with and believe me, those people exist!

The word being alleged. Anyhow no one knows the full story. From the video all we see is a daughter at deaths door in a ward, a family sat round and coppers mob handed talking then grabbing a woman and the husband losing it. I would forgive quite a lot in terms of behaviour from someone whose kid is about to die.

Not sure what else the police could have done there tbh it’s clear the NHS staff and the officers had tried reasoning with them for some time

They could have used their fucking heads and had an ounce of compassion. Come back tomorrow maybe?

I mean how long did it take the police to speak to Dominic Cummings?

You're, again, missing the point.

As medics/ physicians you KNOW when the person is going to die if you're willing to 'pull the plug' within 36 hours of mentioning it.

You take the family out of the situation of death on the ward, especially if you know a parent is a compatriot in medicine.

It sounds like a pretty shit consultant they've dealt with and believe me, those people exist!
i lost my dad in North Manchester hospital 18 months ago,if i hadn't kicked up fuck about it he wouldn't have been moved to a side room he'd have died on the ward itself,it certainly wasn't an automatic process in that place....

When the father was asked by an interviewer afterwards if he had become violent to several members of staff, he replied that "I wasn't arrested was i? if i had done these things then i would be in jail".
So that's a yes then.
If he wants to pursue fake "Victim" story, then my sympathies end there.

It was reported that he was arrested and then de-arrested when he suffered a medical complaint. He is saying it was an heart attack.

Look any parent will do desperate things to save or protect their children. But sometimes nothing can be done. He being a doctor should understand this more than some.
There is no way any doctor will decide to turn off life support without every avenue being exhausted. One doctor cannot do this without the agreement with several other doctors.
These parents were not in a good mental health state at the time and reacted violently towards the staff.
This needed dealing with swiftly. There were other patients and staff being effected.
Now it is trying to be turned into a Police brutality story. Just what we need right now.

Last edited:
i lost my dad in North Manchester hospital 18 months ago,if i hadn't kicked up fuck about it he wouldn't have been moved to a side room he'd have died on the ward itself,it certainly wasn't an automatic process in that place....

When the father was asked by an interviewer afterwards if he had become violent to several members of staff, he replied that "I wasn't arrested was i? if i had done these things then i would be in jail".
So that's yes then.
If he wants to pursue fake "Victim" story, then my sympathies end there.

It was reported that he was arrested and then de-arrested when he suffered a medical complaint. He is saying it was an heart attack.

Look any parent will do desperate things to save or protect their children. But sometimes nothing can be done. He being a doctor should understand this more than some.
There is no way any doctor will decide to turn off life support without every avenue being exhausted. One doctor cannot do this without the agreement with several other doctors.
These parents were not in a good mental health state at the time and reacted violently towards the staff.
This needed dealing with swiftly. There were other patients and staff being effected.
Now it is trying to be turned into a Police brutality story. Just what we need right now.

Maybe, just maybe, I was lucky enough to work on a ward where the staff arranged dignity for families to deal with impending death! For example, we had a patient who came to us that had little time left soon after he arrived. It was close to Christmas and he promised his family he would hold on.

We exchanged patients in a side room for that man and set up a bed in there for his wife to be with him. Unfortunately, he never made it to Christmas, but he came bloody close! They were there around 3 days before he passed.

So, okay he lasted longer than we thought he would, but the compassion was there. We saw people suddenly pass on our wards and those people you can't always legislate for.

But those whom you KNOW are going, you give dignity too.

It's not hard to offer Humanity to families.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.