Political relations between UK-EU

Consequently people who are in work or looking for work can commend higher wages - much needed now because of the rise in inflation (which this will add fuel to I acknowledge that) due to Ukraine/Russia and the Corona thing. Yet whilst we were in the EU and subject to freedom of movement, wages were kept low. So Brexit was a good thing and when the Ukraine/Russia thing sorts itself out people might begin to see that, even if they didn't agree with it in 2016.

Yes, I did put that in brackets as I'd heard it on the radio, but what is better or worse: high inflation and wages stagnant or high inflation and high wage inflation too? I would argue that the latter is better & is what is happening now. This cost of living crisis is mainly a result of the pandemic (thanks China) and the war in Eastern Europe (thanks Putin) so it can't be laid at the door of Dominic Cummings who masterminded the Brexit referendum shock result.

This is what is ruining the country. Our fucking economy and the group of thieves that are supposed to be managing it.
The UK. The only country in the history of the world to apply economic sanctions ....on itself. We have enough political loons of our own without dipper fans joining in.

Imagine thinking the definition of negotiation in your head means that you sign off on a deal that you haven't understood the other sides interpretation you just signed it to get your way at home then when the other side don't see it your way you think the next stage of negotiation is you just impose your will on the other party and they just swallow it with no complaint !

I said years ago the GFA would be a thorn in the side for the UK regarding border controls after the referendum result to leave the EU. There can't be a border inside the island of Ireland. It was signed off by the UK and Irish governments, lodged in the UN, with the USA guranteeing it.

Brexit is the problem, not the protocol, and when Our Glorious Leader stood up in the house and said to the country 'there will be no border in the Irish sea', where else could it be?

That's the problem with liars, it catches up with them, and we now have the sorry sight of Liz Truss saying legislation will now be passed that will break a binding international treaty signed in good faith by the EU.

It's depressing how low the standards of honesty and integrity from our government have now become.

In 1975 , Thatcher said 'Britain does not break treaties. It would be bad for Britain, bad for relations with the rest of the world, and bad for any future treaty on trade'.

The shower now ruining our lives ought to take a minute or two to consider that statement.

Consequently people who are in work or looking for work can commend higher wages - much needed now because of the rise in inflation (which this will add fuel to I acknowledge that) due to Ukraine/Russia and the Corona thing. Yet whilst we were in the EU and subject to freedom of movement, wages were kept low. So Brexit was a good thing and when the Ukraine/Russia thing sorts itself out people might begin to see that, even if they didn't agree with it in 2016.
Brilliant wumming

More sunny uplands. We now don't get early EU alerts about dangerous foods, along with not getitng early terrorist information either. Whatever people were signing up for, I am not convinced these things were ever imagined!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/food-safety-brexit-imports-salmonella-b2081022.html
Can’t read the whole story but think I get the gist. Surely it’s a good thing that due to leaving the EU we are no longer subject to worrying news about potential harm. A real Brexit bonus, no wonder our fish are so happy

Yep thats the gist - remember Findus Cottage Pies that were full of Hungarian Trigger? Well when it happens again we will be half way through the field of the entire Grand National until we realise it !

Furthermore if you were a bit dodgy with your standards you would knock up all sorts of shit and export it here - it gets waved through at the border with no checks and no-one does much in the way of checking when its here - its only when people start dying that we will have a clue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.