Political relations between UK-EU

You’ve used the word “check” there carefully, where the actual term used is “block” or “restrict” in the press, including the BBC.

It is inadvertently an act of aggression to UK supplies though and this is something you have played down. If the UK isn’t receiving vaccines they have paid for and signed off because the EU is blocking them, even if that is a problem between the EU and manufacturer, it’s still going to cost UK lives... which makes it a UK/EU issue.

The EU would be in the UK’s position if they didn’t needlessly delay, that’s something we at least agree on.

I just happen to agree with the AZ CEO.

I’m not playing it down, it’s just no more an act of aggression than is the case right now. The EU isn’t receiving the vaccines they paid for, AS have said that’s because it’s in part because of the contract they signed with the UK, that could impact EU lives. It’s not the EUs issue either, it’s still the manufacturers.

If we’re saying that we’ve signed contracts with suppliers that stipulate to manufacturers they need to prioritise domestic production, then everyone else is going to either do the same or find an alternative way around it. Johnson knows this too, that’s why he will diffuse it - he already started yesterday.

Longer term, I know what the answer is. Short term though, ultimately the manufacturer is going to have to find a way to sort it out quickly.

I’m not playing it down, it’s just no more an act of aggression than is the case right now. The EU isn’t receiving the vaccines they paid for, AS have said that’s because it’s in part because of the contract they signed with the UK, that could impact EU lives. It’s not the EUs issue either, it’s still the manufacturers.

If we’re saying that we’ve signed contracts with suppliers that stipulate to manufacturers they need to prioritise domestic production, then everyone else is going to either do the same or find an alternative way around it. Johnson knows this too, that’s why he will diffuse it - he already started yesterday.

Longer term, I know what the answer is. Short term though, ultimately the manufacturer is going to have to find a way to sort it out quickly.
Then the EU are threatening to block Pfizer vaccines being exported to the UK.

There’s no way around this, the EU are acting like arseholes about it.

Chickens...home...roosting :)

’First meeting post Brexit with British poultry and wow.

- UK poultry exports are 20% of last January.
- Office in Carlisle that deals with Export Heath Certs seemingly swamped.
- EU/UK drivers don't want to cross the channel.
- Lot of meat rendered with costs
- Chicken simply destroyed at cost £1500 per container rather than selling for £3,50
- Export health certs must be in 3 languages & pages numbered correctly or driver ends up with lorry of rotting meat in Rotterdam.
- Costs going up to produce thus price edging up in shops’ @AMacNeil SNP

Vaccine row update...tl;dr

EU want the vaccines promised in the contract, want them now and don’t give a shit where they come from.

I think this is a not so thinly veiled threat...

Commissioner says: No company shd be under any illusion that we don't have the means to understand what is happening, so we ask all companies to be as transparent as possible with information, production of the doses, where they have been sent etc’ @NGutteridge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.