Political relations between UK-EU

That’s not what they are doing is it? They’re not mounting a legal challenge regarding the contract.

They are basically saying that if Pfizer and AZ can’t deliver to their contracted amount then they are going to block them doing the same to the UK.

It is unethical.

They are saying that they won’t allow AZ to use product sited within the EU to fulfill AZ’s contractual obligations to the U.K. while it remains in breach of its contract with the EU.

If their contract with AZ permits them to do that how can that possibly be unethical?

In other news, rag cafe really is funny this morning.

There'll be no export ban.

Precisely. As I said earlier...

The problem with banning vaccines is that there are more than one, no one yet knows which is the most effective and the components are often sourced from other countries.’

They are saying that they won’t allow AZ to use product sited within the EU to fulfill AZ’s contractual obligations to the U.K. while it remains in breach of its contract with the EU.

If their contract with AZ permits them to do that how can that possibly be unethical?

It was a source of joy late last night...think a cup of tea and another visit is in order.

‘EU partisan websites‘...what the hell is an EU partisan website? The source was Katya Adler the BBC Brussels correspondent. I said the other day that countries get defensive in a crisis and I imagine the UK is not the only country to block medical exports.

But this is a global problem, a vaccinated UK is not as effective in a half vaccinated EU as new mutations will spring up and potentially we are back to square one.

We need to vaccinate some six billion people from a standing start so of course there are going to be production and supply issues as well as uneven distribution given every country has a different health structure.

Personally, I think a bit less hysteria would be welcome. I’m just pleased we have a variety of vaccines as they came along much sooner than I thought they would. From now on in it’s just a production and logistics problem and that will be solved with time.
That’s why I asked you for a link for fuck sake, New European is one for example.

But this is a global problem, a vaccinated UK is not as effective in a half vaccinated EU as new mutations will spring up and potentially we are back to square one.
So when your parents or elderly relatives get their call up I am presuming you are going to suggest they donate their jabs to EU citizens instead then?

This is why the government is damned if they do, damned if they don’t. Even when they vaccinate in huge numbers people aren’t happy and want them to give vaccines away, then you’ll be criticising them for the death toll.

It’s ludicrous.

We don’t need to vaccinate every person on the planet, about 70% will do the experts have said.

I too am for less hysteria and it’s exactly why the EU throwing it’s weight around is getting criticism.

They’ve said they may block exports, that is what they specifically said.

Anyway, it looks like they have backed down from it and they’ve deployed some common sense.

That’s why I asked you for a link for fuck sake, New European is one for example.

So when your parents or elderly relatives get their call up I am presuming you are going to suggest they donate their jabs to EU citizens instead then?

This is why the government is damned if they do, damned if they don’t. Even when they vaccinate in huge numbers people aren’t happy and want them to give vaccines away, then you’ll be criticising them for the death toll.

It’s ludicrous.

We don’t need to vaccinate every person on the planet, about 70% will do the experts have said.

I too am for less hysteria and it’s exactly why the EU throwing it’s weight around is getting criticism.

Jeez. This is a full on melt.

No one has criticised the UK Govt, the NHS or the people involved for the vaccine rollout. No one.

Everyone has a production and supply issue. Which is why we have adopted the one jab route and increased the time between the jabs. Again, this makes sense.

The EU have run into bigger supply issues and is having a contractual spat with AZ. That is it.

And for the record my mother has had the Pfizer vaccine made in Belgium. If someone in Belgium has an AZ vaccine made in the UK we can call it even.

Jeez. This is a full on melt.

No one has criticised the UK Govt, the NHS or the people involved for the vaccine rollout. No one.

Everyone has a production and supply issue. Which is why we have adopted the one jab route and increased the time between the jabs. Again, this makes sense.

The EU have run into bigger supply issues and is having a contractual spat with AZ. That is it.

And for the record my mother has had the Pfizer vaccine made in Belgium. If someone in Belgium has an AZ vaccine made in the UK we can call it even.
You said yourself it’s more beneficial to have less vaccinated in Britain and more in the EU, in terms of current projections and that there’s no point in us just making the UK immune, as mutations will come and cause damage, which there’s no evidence of them evading vaccines yet but let’s just presume that’s true.

So in saying that the UK government would surely be better diverting some of ours to the EU, right?

Yes Bob and in having that supply spat with AZ they threaten to block the UK getting both Pfizer and AZ vaccines, the former of which your mother benefited from receiving, thankfully. The issue was nothing to do with the UK but they made it so.

Common sense has prevailed but I want you to imagine if they followed through with that threat and your dear mother didn’t get her vaccine as a result, would you be happy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.