Poll | Our involvement in proposed Super League (TSL)

What do you think lay behind our involvement in the ill-fated TSL?

• We've become what we've always hated

Votes: 74 12.1%
  • An ill-judged cock-up

Votes: 220 36.1%
  • An opportunist bit of mischief making

Votes: 23 3.8%
  • A cunning conspiracy to hit our enemies hard

Votes: 67 11.0%
  • Not good but had little choice

Votes: 209 34.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 17 2.8%

• Total voters
Although agreeing with ops I have picked one of the options presented.

Maybe more in hope than 100% conviction .

Is there an option for ‘a combination of some/all of the above’?
I certainly think our motives might well have shifted during the whole process. Still not sure I buy the whole Machiavellian machinations theory, I think we were initially blindsided and panicked into a rash decision, though I suspect that realising the rare opportunities a withdrawal suddenly presented might have come into play later in the day
This for me too. As a business you have to investigate opportunities that might make you twice as rich in half the time and I think this was what they originally indicated they wanted to look at, but once it was clear the whole idea looked like a 6th form project and then other club representatives were resigning their key positions here, there and everywhere the club then thought, 'let's see what might benefit us'.

Is there an option for ‘a combination of some/all of the above’?
I certainly think our motives might well have shifted during the whole process. Still not sure I buy the whole Machiavellian machinations theory, I think we were initially blindsided and panicked into a rash decision, though I suspect that realising the rare opportunities a withdrawal suddenly presented might have come into play later in the day

Started typing the same. Combination of 3 or 4 for me.

Think we blind sided the red shirts who thought we were genuinely onboard with them, and buying into their sh*t storm. Ceferin’s praise for City after we walked away was very strange, but very telling.

Question - I'm interested in seeing what posters thought was City's intention in their short involvement in the ESL. Ignore the option with just 'N'. Can't seem to delete it.

No problem, have edited the poll for you, removed the "N" option and moved "None of the Above" as a last option instead of in the middle.

In my personal view, it's ALL of the above ...

It started with "Not good but had little choice" ... as we were not given too much time to plan or think it through or consult fans/players etc etc.

Then it went from there to "We became what we've always hated" when we allowed that shambles of the statement with Glazer's quotes on our website. ... which was "An ill judged cock-up" ... but I guess had to go with it if that was the statement agreed by all 12 clubs and every one put up the same, then we couldn't really have something of our own going on ...

I think around that time it was "An opportunist bit of mischief making" against UEFA as City I believe thought TSL might kick-off or not but it would hurt UEFA and make them sit up and listen (see Pep's quotes were anti-UEFA quite a bit in his presser calling them out).

And finally when the powers be saw how it was unfolding and all, they quickly went into developing "A cunning conspiracy to hit our enemies hard" ... I believe when all these big wigs started resigning from UEFA and City saw PSG and Bayern were getting in bed with UEFA, they had to choose a side quickly ... and they went with lesser of the evil ... which was UEFA ... they ditched these American so called new friends (who they knew never were our friends) but it was a matter of keeping your enemies closer I believe ... we then saw the opportunity that UEFA was all of a sudden cleansed up by Agnelli, Woodward and all the likes resigning from there ... so a little rinsed UEFA and something to bargain with seemed a good option and we cut a deal with them and I am absolutely certain we cut a deal ... that UEFA statement issued by Cefrin calling us by name as a beacon of hope and all that and welcoming back into the European family and all those glowing words ... I swear I have tried typing all that and you can't type it as fast as that statement came out within minutes of City's statement that they're leaving ... so that is a fact those two were released in coordination with each other and since then no other club has been "welcomed" by UEFA that way tells me we totally had turned and gone into that what you call a cunning plan ... It's never been UEFA's current bosses (Cefrin and his team) that we've had problems with or even have good relations with FIFA and that Infantani ... it's been these Woodwards and Agneli's and so inside UEFA who have conspired against us, just like the hateful 9 when they wrote to CAS so yeah sure PSG and Bayern are still in there but now so are we, on the inside ... which is what we went running in to TSL for in the first place - to be inside rather than out.

... so for me it's kind of ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.