Poll | Which League title is your favourite?

Which of the seven League titles is your personal favourite?

• Total voters

P-Nic85

So, after enjoying last night,it got me thinking about the 3 titles Pep has won with us and I was trying to decide which was my favourite and eventually I decided on this

3) 17/18 season, many will probably have this at #1 given the style of football we played and the 100 points and countless records broken and it was a fantastic season that I doubt many saw coming given the season before where we had laboured to top 4 but,I just feel the the way in which the other two titles was won I had to have this at 3

2) 18/19 season, was torn with this being #1 given how at one point we was 10 points behind the dippers and they looked nailed on to win it with all the help and dodgy decisions but, to chase them down and win our last 14 games, not only win them but knowing we had to win them which adds added pressure was unbelievable also, anything that boils the piss of the dippers and sends them in to meltdown is bloody marvellous

1) 20/21 season, this season for me is my favourite and it’s my favourite because it’s been a full on 3 games a week for most weeks season also, given the horrid start we had where we couldn’t even string 5 passes together let alone a few wins to then go on that absolutely unbelievable winning run,creating a big points gap over everyone else all the while doing it without a striker is bloody brilliant and it’s a feat that should never be scoffed at also, for me,it shows just how much of a fantastic manager Pep is, to go back to the drawing board and try figure out what was going wrong only for him to then come back and turn it all around and send us on that ridiculous winning run was truly magnificent

So that’s my top three, hope you guys have fun deciding yours haha

Strictly league campaigns under Pep:

1) 17/18 was an extremely fun experience from start to finish.

2) 20/21 has been the most relaxing. Especially since February. Defensive solidity goes a long way.

3) 18/19 was horrible and tense because of Liverpool, but it definitely felt the best when it was over. When Mahrez scored against Brighton it felt amazing.

Top 3 Pep titles for me

2018/19 (The best) - Domestic treble and that run-in was immense, the pressure on the side to keep winning, sadly the CL loss to Spurs is a black mark on that season but for me it was the best.

2017/18 (Most enjoyable) - Great football, the loss to United and CL losses to Liverpool (also down to bad decisions against us against both the clubs in these games) tainted it ever so slightly.

20/21 - Sheer ruthlessness, that run of wins, especially in Feb (Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, Gladbach and West Ham). Winning the CL would jettison this season to the top.

My 1-2-3 mirrors the votes.

Nothing in football, in my brief 57 yrs of City adoration, will match that day.

Wembley 99 came close for absolutely going mental, but even if we win the CL this year, it won’t top “Agueroooooooo” for me. For the club, it’ll be the most important event in their ‘istree, but for generations of long suffering, in the shadow of the Reds, fans, 2012 is a zenith.

I went for the Joe Mercer one because my wife and I were physically at the Newcastle game -- it was brilliant being in the crowd and experiencing the atmosphere during and after the game.. A few years after moving to NZ we met up with and became great friends with a couple who were also there so we could share stories during and after dinner parties.

The titles since the takeover we have had to sit at home in NZ so no crowd atmosphere to be a part of. But the Agueroooooooooooooooo title and pipping 'pool at Brighton are right up there as favourites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.