Poll? Yaya - cash in or keep?

KippaxCitizen said:
cfn1963 said:
Keep

Because if we sold every money grabbing spoilt brat, we'd probably struggle to field a 5 a side team. Its a nice romantic idea that these players love the club and would play for half the salary but the reality is that most of them would fuck off if they were offered something better. For us normal people we cant understand why these players feel they need yet more money when they already have so much but yayas pathetic whining shows how far away from reality they are in their cocooned world. Sporting mercenaries who generally dont give a fuck about the fans, ready to kiss the badge of anyone who will pay their going rate like a whore will kiss your dick before moving on to the next punter.
This is spot on. There are the odd players here and there at clubs they would stay with no matter what. I reckon Pablo Zabaleta would stay with City no matter what. But the vast majority of footballers and sportspeople in many codes are just like everyday people from the general public who really don't give a fuck about their employers and the moment they could sniff a chance of a better wage elsewhere they'd be off without a third thought.

Footballers at all levels are like this including, I'd bet, almost all Manchester City players. People who think they care about the club or the fans are deluded. They don't care whether it's us, Chelsea, Barça, Madrid, München or Juve they're playing for; they just want to be in a good team winning things and of any of those they can earn more money at they'd sign there in a heartbeat.

Yes indeedy. Five years ago most of them had barely heard of us. Strangely enough they weren't drawn to Manchester by the tropical weather or the opportunity to moor their yachts in the Ship Canal. They were lured here by money and the prospect of silverware. For most that is their only tie. It's transient and can be broken when another club flutters its eyelashes.

We can kick off all we like but shouldn't be surprised when some of them act like merchant bankers or divas.

I can laugh off Cakegate when I watch Khaldoon's two excellent interviews. The bigger picture looks very rosy.

keep 100% Without yaya there would be no premier league title. What has he done wrong? We need to get off our high horse. He is unique Barclay is not fit to lace his boots. We are very very lucky to have him at our club. Ive no idea what his agent wants or what else yaya wants. The club will sit down with him and hopefully he will be here next season.

It's why I never have and never will have a players name on a shirt. Most really don't give a shit. They follow the money and chance of success or being able to play in the CL. Most aren't arsed who it's for.

It will be interesting to see how our owners take to being publicly disrespected by Toure via his idiot of an agent. The comments about being better treated if he was at Liverpool were beyond the pale for me. I ultimately think both Balotelli and Tevez paid the price of bringing the club into disrepute. It's a reputational thing with ADUG and I suspect Toure's future at City may no longer be in his hands and I would back the owner's judgement.

mcfc49 said:
keep 100% Without yaya there would be no premier league title. What has he done wrong? We need to get off our high horse. He is unique Barclay is not fit to lace his boots. We are very very lucky to have him at our club. Ive no idea what his agent wants or what else yaya wants. The club will sit down with him and hopefully he will be here next season.

lucky???????? lets not kid ourselves hes not doing us a favour hes getting paid 220k per WEEK. we aren't the luck ones, HES the lucky one!!!!!

Keep. It would take more money to replace him (if indeed he could be replaced) than Platini/FFP would let us spend. Plus we know he is a winner and fits right-in with the Premier League.

Yes, he is daft to have said the things he said, but that is agents for you ... they like to agitate / cause problems every 2 or 3 years, as they make most of their money when players move or renegotiate their contracts.

Suarez and Rooney did similar things this time last year, but Liverpool / United fans welcomed them back once everyone had calmed down.

Keep. Those saying we can get 40m for him need a head wobble. No chance in hell we get 40m for him. Doubt we'd get 30m. IF we sell him everyone would know he wanted to leave and was a malcontent. Damaging his value and when you have a player that you're desperate to get rid of you get nothing near their value(see Balotelli and Tevez). 31 is hardly over the hill either. Lampard was still scoring 15 PL goals as a 34 year old. Goals scoring CM's are very hard to come by and when a team get's one they rarely let them go. Barkley is a great young talent but he's not a CM in a 2 man midfield, he's a #10. So we'd still need a goalscoring CM to replace Yaya and we already have Silva who's brilliant in that role when we only play with 1 striker and we usually played with 2. So does that make us a better or weaker team?

Keep, his agent is a nob as are the 'cash'ers. Two years ago Aguero said he'd love to go to Real.... remember? No, this will be resolved quickly (it looks like it already is) so forget it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.