Pompey may not turn up Sunday

Prestwich_Blue said:
bluerichwit said:
if pompey go bust what happens with remaining games of season and points taken of them this season already etc,
They are unlikely to go bust as such just yet while there are assets and they can generate cashflow. More likely is administration and a loss of 10 points.

The way football finance works in the PL, you get money in August from Sky (which is the same for each club) asnd probably sponsorship/advertising money, then it's only what you get from the sale of matchday tickets (not season tickets), one-off hospitality and any tv fees for televised matches, plus merchandise and other matchday sales like food and drink. So a home cup game is great for cashflow.

However very little else comes in until spring, whenever you start selling season tickets, but you have to pay wages, council tax, heat and light etc. You will get s/t money in at some point, depending on your timetable and then get the bulk of the TV money in May, at the end of the season. So January/February is the worst time for cashflow at most clubs and most clubs live o nthe fat or dip into borrowings. Pompey have had to repay all theirs however so need to find the cash from somewhere.

It happened to Wimbledon, and the same will happen to Portsmouth. Hopefully in another 10 years, the same will happen to the rags!

erocsevil said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
They are unlikely to go bust as such just yet while there are assets and they can generate cashflow. More likely is administration and a loss of 10 points.

The way football finance works in the PL, you get money in August from Sky (which is the same for each club) asnd probably sponsorship/advertising money, then it's only what you get from the sale of matchday tickets (not season tickets), one-off hospitality and any tv fees for televised matches, plus merchandise and other matchday sales like food and drink. So a home cup game is great for cashflow.

However very little else comes in until spring, whenever you start selling season tickets, but you have to pay wages, council tax, heat and light etc. You will get s/t money in at some point, depending on your timetable and then get the bulk of the TV money in May, at the end of the season. So January/February is the worst time for cashflow at most clubs and most clubs live o nthe fat or dip into borrowings. Pompey have had to repay all theirs however so need to find the cash from somewhere.

It happened to Wimbledon, and the same will happen to Portsmouth. Hopefully in another 10 years, the same will happen to the rags!
Wimbledon simply didn't have the fan base to sustain them financially whereas Pompey do. They're going down even without a ten point deduction I reckon so may as well get it out of the way before it's too late.

Can't see anything on the wires.

Worse comes to worse, somebody will be bought from them and it will solve a few things. I wouldn't mind that lad who made his debut up front against us, Piquionne. Looks like he has a bit of talent, he does. Not there yet but not a bad prospect.

It's tragic and is exactly why I hate the Premier League. When this happens to more clubs maybe you'll see why my rant came about last week.

What are all these 'Financial Experts' doing when it seems that every club except City and Chelsea are in shit.

we should show some solidarity to the pompey fans who come up on sunday and not take ths piss.If they were playing the plastics i bet they would get serious piss taking shite.
Its a terrible mess for the fans

There's a lot of clubs who deserve to be in that kind of situation and Pompey for me aren't one of them.

I hope we see a certain Scummy team of wankers in this kind of situation in 2 years time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.