Poor treatment of bar staff

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by u2fme2, 9 Jan 2019.

1. BlueSkyBlue

BlueSkyBlue

If she has worked there for 2 years (for the club or agency), employment law kicks in.

If she has, speak to ACAS - they give some cracking advice.

2. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

Mancunian in Connacht/let Kevin de Bruyne talk
    The measure of a person can sometimes lie in their treatment of service staff.

Eccles Blue and 1961_vintage like this.
  3. casualdeyna

casualdeyna

I work in a completely different sector, but fair few years ago now my little sister was being bullied be her boss because her boss just didn't take a shine to her. It was incredible some of the stuff the boss was doing to try and force her out, you think to get to management you have to have some brain cells but clearly not.

In the end she had to take out a formal grievance for bullying and start emailing chief execs to "expose" the bullying that was going on as, similar to what sounds like is going on in this instance, going through the normal channels wasn't getting her anywhere.

So I would recommend, and it is a strong IF, that if it is bullying and she has exhausted all normal channels to make as much noise to the company, presumably City in this case, to people higher up. I can guarantee no firm wants to be known for bullying, but for some reason it is only when you start making real noise that they pay any attention

4. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Is your daughter employed by the club or F3 (fabulous fan Fayre) who I thought did all the catering at the Etihad?

5. u2fme2

u2fme2

Hi. Its part of the catering firm its self. And thank you all for your responses.

6. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

So it’s f3. They recruited a new HR manager a year or so ago for the Etihad. The job description was on line. That person is responsible for formal grievances and your daughter/ you should get in touch with them in the first instance to make a formal complaint.

7. mayo31

mayo31

My daughter went to Liverpool to study at University there and worked at Anfield and she said the management there were great and the money also, she was paid £10 an hour which if anyone knows is above minimum wage.

Maybe we could take a leaf out of their book

8. dennis1976

dennis1976

I have worked in the catering trade for many years. City like it was mentioned earlier and like most clubs put the catering out to tender and have very little to do with the day to day running of this side of the business. Liverpool is in house which explains the difference in how they are treated. Its unlikely that this will ever change.

9. mayo31

mayo31

Maybe we should be in house then

10. lazerblue

lazerblue

thought you had to be 18 to serve alcohol though.
    not been in city square for a while but i always found a huge difference between the bar staff there and the staff inside the ground.
    inside the ground they didnt have a clue how to serve or operate the till, obviously had zero training, yet in the square they are older and all know exactly what theyre doing and never had to wait long for a pint even when packed, is the square run by a different company?

jimmygrimblesboots likes this.