Poor treatment of bar staff

If she has worked there for 2 years (for the club or agency), employment law kicks in.

If she has, speak to ACAS - they give some cracking advice.

I work in a completely different sector, but fair few years ago now my little sister was being bullied be her boss because her boss just didn't take a shine to her. It was incredible some of the stuff the boss was doing to try and force her out, you think to get to management you have to have some brain cells but clearly not.

In the end she had to take out a formal grievance for bullying and start emailing chief execs to "expose" the bullying that was going on as, similar to what sounds like is going on in this instance, going through the normal channels wasn't getting her anywhere.

So I would recommend, and it is a strong IF, that if it is bullying and she has exhausted all normal channels to make as much noise to the company, presumably City in this case, to people higher up. I can guarantee no firm wants to be known for bullying, but for some reason it is only when you start making real noise that they pay any attention

I posted a tread this week about the poor treatment my daughter and others have been subjected to but
was pulled my Ric as I went into far too much detail for his liking.

So this time I.
1 won't name my daughter.
2 won't mention which bar/bars she worked in.
3 won't mention dates of when culture changed for the worse.
4 Name and shame manger/mangers responsible.
5 Take full responsibility for following thread.

For many a year now we have all experienced poor service from bar staff at city including
myself there are some who only work there for the money and there are many like my daughters
and friends love city but also need a little extra money to get them through uni.
My daughter who used to attend games with me until she was 16 took a job working at city
like her sister and 3 friends.
But for a period of time now has been treated/spoken/ like shit and belittled in teams meeting.
Less than a year ago her and 2 others received an award for outstanding customer service based
on fan feedback which shows how much they were regarded by fans in the bars they worked.
But at the Fa cup game Sunday could no longer but up or take it anymore and walked
out on a job she absolutely loved and on more than one occasion come home in tears.

And before you ask yes they would bring up regarding treatment they would receive only to be told
to shut up and if they didn't like knew where the door was and you wonder why there is such a high
turnover of good hard working staff.

Ric you say this should be taken up with city. It has and nothing has change you also say this is
not the place for such a tread to name and shame. So I have now removed all details.

This is Bluemoon where we fans get the opportunity to discuss all manner of subjects.
If we don't allow such treads to be discussed how is anything ever going to change?

Its not OK for grown men and woman to bully young girls and boys because your only 16/20
and on minimum wage because they know you need the job and money.

Give you the fans a chance to read and discuss.
Give the club a chance to read discuss and reply.
Give those responsible for running our catering service to read and reply.

I been a member of this site for many a year season ticket holder for over 30
I don't have an agenda about our great club but if we all don't stand up against
this shocking culture nothing is going to change let's together get it changed please.

More than happy to meet you or any other from site club or catering firm to discuss further.

Regards mark

Is your daughter employed by the club or F3 (fabulous fan Fayre) who I thought did all the catering at the Etihad?

From what you have said mark, and we don't know both sides, only the side you have posted, I'd be suggesting that your daughter might have a case for constructive dismissal, and she should be looking to get advice about that.

Was the "boss" actually employed by City, or by a separate catering company, working for City ?
Hi. Its part of the catering firm its self. And thank you all for your responses.

Hi. Its part of the catering firm its self. And thank you all for your responses.
So it’s f3. They recruited a new HR manager a year or so ago for the Etihad. The job description was on line. That person is responsible for formal grievances and your daughter/ you should get in touch with them in the first instance to make a formal complaint.

My daughter went to Liverpool to study at University there and worked at Anfield and she said the management there were great and the money also, she was paid £10 an hour which if anyone knows is above minimum wage.

Maybe we could take a leaf out of their book

My daughter went to Liverpool to study at University there and worked at Anfield and she said the management there were great and the money also, she was paid £10 an hour which if anyone knows is above minimum wage.

Maybe we could take a leaf out of their book
I have worked in the catering trade for many years. City like it was mentioned earlier and like most clubs put the catering out to tender and have very little to do with the day to day running of this side of the business. Liverpool is in house which explains the difference in how they are treated. Its unlikely that this will ever change.

thought you had to be 18 to serve alcohol though.
not been in city square for a while but i always found a huge difference between the bar staff there and the staff inside the ground.
inside the ground they didnt have a clue how to serve or operate the till, obviously had zero training, yet in the square they are older and all know exactly what theyre doing and never had to wait long for a pint even when packed, is the square run by a different company?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.