Porto (A) - CL | Pre-Match Thread

Porto (A) Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from Atletico and Sevilla, I prefer the first group.

Wouldn't want to face either Bayern or Dortmund in the first knockout round. Otherwise, not worried about anyone else. And in the later stages anything can happen. In my view, it will be a grave disappointment if we don't get to the semis this year. We've been playing this thing year in year out for nearly a decade, now. We should have built up a sense of how to handle the CL.

I know a draw is enough to qualify top of the group, but we should be aiming to win this game for a few reasons:

1 - More prize money for winning
2 - More co-efficient points for winning (which leads to easier future groups and more prize money)

Added in that Pep will want to finish top, preferably with a perfect 6 wins from 6. It would look bad on Pep and the team if we didn't top this group, considering the quality of the opposition.

If we do finish top, it means our second leg of the next fixture will be at home and increases the chances that fans may be able to attend (even if it's in small numbers). If we end up drawing Madrid again, it's their loss, not ours. I'd rather play them than Monchengladbach at the minute. :')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.