Porto v City Pre Match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can Anyone Summarize the current Porto team For The Masses

weejh said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Porto managed to get knocked out of a group that APOEL Nicosia won.

If it weren't for the fact Shakhtar joined them then it would have been an even bigger embarrassment.

Not that I'm in the remotest bit interested about this tie, I only care about the league from here on in.

I don't really think that this Europa league campaign will impact atall on our league form. Being out of both domestic cups helps especially with a squad our size. I disagree with you totally about this competition and believe we should be going for both 100%.
Can you imaging the disappointment of giving up on EL as you suggest, only to be tipped by the rags for the league? Stuff of nightmares mate.

if we do that Mancini should be gone as that won't be acceptable.

7 more games even if we win this tie, it's too much, we NEED to win the league, we have to, end of in my book.

Despite the fact that FC Barcelona, AC Milan and Arsenal all played this week, the strongest match-up in Europe according to the Euro Club Index is not a Champions League match. In the Europa League second round fifth ranked Manchester City and FC Porto (6th) meet in the only European match this week with two teams of 3400+ ECI strength. It is a battle for fifth place as Porto will overtake City with a victory.
Porto are currently only 17 points behind City and can pick 29 points with victory on Thursday night. The Portuguese hosts will lose six points with a draw and a defeat will cost them 41 points. For City the 41 points for an away win would be enough to replace Bayern München in fourth place. Based on the ECI Match Odds Porto have a winning chance of 46%, against 28% for Manchester City.

With the Europa League knock-out stages starting on Thursday, the two Manchester clubs are the clear favourites to win the Cup, with United and City having a 37% and a 11% title chance respectively. United take on Ajax in Amsterdam on Thursday with a 56% winning chance.

The key players to watch out for.

Otamendi-Young but solid centre back, Argentinian international

Moutinho- Former Sporting Lisbon player, creative in the centre of the field, the playmaker of their team.

Hulk- Fantastic striker, the biggest threat Porto have.

Jumanji said:
Here are the highlights and goals of Porto's 4-0 victory 3 days ago.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4oZ0lVCuxY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4oZ0lVCuxY</a>

Skip to 0:35 seconds.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4oZ0lVCuxY[/youtube]

The team in blue is Porto if you didn't already know :P
the defending in that game from the goals was chronic......lost there shape as soon as a one,two was played and left massive gaps....i guarantee they wont get that much time or space against us

Hacks will be itching to write their Hulk headlines tomorrow

Kun Aguero said:
Stoke fans are unhappy were on ITV...

<a class="postlink" href="http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=186270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... ead=186270</a>

Haha! fuck 'em, Tony Pubeface and the bell ends of stoke. Bet most people are glad city are on instead of stoke. All you can ever hear when they are on tv is Tony's fucking gob!

Graceyboy said:
My prediction for the starting ix

Hart
Zabba
Kompany
Lescott
Clihy
Barry
Milner
Silva
Aguero
Dzeko
Nasri

Bench
Pantilimon
Yaya
Balotelli
Richards
Kolorov
Johnson
De Jong

A very strong starting team and a formidable bench

i reckon balotelli might start tonight mate.

invisibleman92 said:
Jumanji said:
Clichy is cautious.

Kolarov is the opposite...erratic (sometimes).

Okay well maybe 'cautious' wasn't the best word to use. I was trying to point out it makes for an exciting game if we are playing with two pacy full backs who are willing to bomb forward and join attacks like Clichy and Richards.

-- Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:41 pm --

Jumanji said:
invisibleman92 said:
I would say that Clichy is more likely to bomb forward down the wings compared to Kolarov. You just notice when Kolarov joins the attack as it normally results in him blazing one over the bar!
I'm sorry put your first sentence is complete bullshit.

Your second sentence isn't even true any more, as Kolarov hardly ever shoots on sight like last season.

Bit harsh,

And Kolarov has a 'shots per game' average of 1.7 which is incredibly high for a defender so it does have some validity.

Any defender could have his shots per game ratio when they are shhoting from 80 yards every time they pick up the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.