• Portugal (AET)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slovenia (AET)

• Portugal (Penalties)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He has too much going against him for him ever to be recognised for his football skills alone. First, to us he's a former rag (twice). Once is bad, but twice? He genuinely believed that we would want him, and it seems his agents contacted the City board to see if we were agreeable to him - and Pep said 'under no circumstances.'

Plus he's a vain, preening, self-centred man-child who believes in all the hype and mythology surrounding him. His narcissism alone would make him a disliked person in any walk of life, but as a very famous footballer, whose image adorns all the tabloids and the celebrity-obsessed television broadcasts, he is seen by millions of people the world over and thus could have been a good role model for the youngsters. Instead he will be recognised for what he is: a great player, no disputing that, but also a diving, cheating, pompous prick loathed by most football fans.
Never ever trust a man who paints his toe nails.

I once played in a Sunday Morning game where a player smacked one of his team mates for not letting him take a Free Kick, but I'm struggling to recall a more selfish narcissistic performance in the entire history of professional football.

It takes a great effort to be the biggest self- obsessed prick in a team containing Cancelo and Bruno Fernandes

Couldn't agree more.

His body can't match his ego anymore and its showing. Couldn't finish a sandwich, his free kicks were awful and just seemed to care more about getting his shining moment than the team winning.

He can still provide something for them but right now he's a detriment to the team.
I thought he was a disgrace last night with his reaction to missing the pen. Absolutely not what is expected of a team captain. Unbelievably self centred when instead he should have been gee-ing them up to keep going.

He has too much going against him for him ever to be recognised for his football skills alone. First, to us he's a former rag (twice). Once is bad, but twice? He genuinely believed that we would want him, and it seems his agents contacted the City board to see if we were agreeable to him - and Pep said 'under no circumstances.'

Plus he's a vain, preening, self-centred man-child who believes in all the hype and mythology surrounding him. His narcissism alone would make him a disliked person in any walk of life, but as a very famous footballer, whose image adorns all the tabloids and the celebrity-obsessed television broadcasts, he is seen by millions of people the world over and thus could have been a good role model for the youngsters. Instead he will be recognised for what he is: a great player, no disputing that, but also a diving, cheating, pompous prick loathed by most football fans.

And that's about the size of it. Now Messi's got an ego, God knows — but Messi's always been more of a team player than Ronaldo has ever been or will ever be. That is why, for me, he's the superior footballer. I also have more respect for him as a man.

(Irritates me, though, that he stopped Erling from getting the prize that was so obviously his… half-joking. But only half).

Bernie the bolt!
If only vs Madrid.

Every city fan…. Why didnt he do that against Madrid

Please, guys, let's stop with this. Bernie was at the end of a season in which he had left his bollocks out on the pitch for the team (as he pretty much always does). He was dead on his feet. Physically, and above all, mentally drained. He should never have been taking that penalty.

I once played in a Sunday Morning game where a player smacked one of his team mates for not letting him take a Free Kick, but I'm struggling to recall a more selfish narcissistic performance in the entire history of professional football.

It takes a great effort to be the biggest self- obsessed prick in a team containing Cancelo and Bruno Fernandes

The funny part being that Bruno Fernandes is a better free kick and penalty taker than Ronaldo. Ronaldo being an even bigger prick put them in danger.

Slovenia went spursy at the end.

Portugal won't win it. Their tactic seems to be passing it to Fake Ronnie as he's the only one allowed to score.

And as long as he declares himself as a professional football then no Portugal manager will ever have the bollocks to drop him, so this could go on for a few years yet when he's literally limping around the pitch in his 40s

I think he's basically the manager and Roberto Martinez is a water carrier

I thought he was a disgrace last night with his reaction to missing the pen. Absolutely not what is expected of a team captain. Unbelievably self centred when instead he should have been gee-ing them up to keep going.

I thought he embarrassed himself really. The free kick from the side of the area would've got some players benched.

But throughout the Euros, I've thought when watching him that you can see that playing in the Saudi league has lied to him and now he's having the realisation that actually maybe time has caught up to him.

I thought he embarrassed himself really. The free kick from the side of the area would've got some players benched.

But throughout the Euros, I've thought when watching him that you can see that playing in the Saudi league has lied to him and now he's having the realisation that actually maybe time has caught up to him.
Absolutely. I said to Mrs Bill when he missed the free kick that the Manager should be telling him not to take another or he'd be subbed. Unfortunately that would never happen with Martinez & Ronaldo. Had to laugh when Slovenia had a free kick late on and Keown said it's the only one that Ronaldo ISN'T taking :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.