Positive news about Corona Virus Updates

I think it was the Oxford University research into a vaccine that is reportedly showing positive results in terms of stimulating antibodies and T cells. I heard this on the overnight news (Friday morning).

They are publishing the results of what they have done so far on Monday. Fingers crossed it’s positive.

They are publishing the results of what they have done so far on Monday. Fingers crossed it’s positive.

Wonder how they keep the findings so watertight? If there were good news (potentially globally, life changing news) I’m not sure I could sit in it all weekend. Then again it’s probably doesn’t work that way in reality.

Is it the American one? Moderna
Let’s hope it’s a bit more than just a vehicle for a few company directors to get rich quick, on the back of a global pandemic, especially as this is a company which has never actually brought a product to the market in 10 years of its existence. The Shares in Moderna have risen by 380% since the start of the year as news emerged of its promising potential for producing a coronavirus vaccine. The stock price was less than $20 in early January and around $81 on Thursday. On Friday it was nearly $95 as shares spiked 15% in mere hours after analysts at Goldman Sachs predicted an approved Moderna vaccine by the end of the year.

Wonder how they keep the findings so watertight? If there were good news (potentially globally, life changing news) I’m not sure I could sit in it all weekend. Then again it’s probably doesn’t work that way in reality.

Someone will be putting it out there early as Robert Peston was blogging about it on Thursday I think saying the results would be out earlier. Positive speculation probably helps the share price of Astra Zeneca who will be manufacturing it go up so there’s other motives at play.

Just came here to post that too.

Can't quite state how significant this could be. Got everything crossed!

Also seems, if peer checked, that it reduces the long-term damage as well. Not much use to the asymptomatic victims but maybe it's a line of study that could develop treatments in that regard too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.