Positive news about Corona Virus Updates

My Italian is very limited but I think this shows the CurvaNord (Atalanta BC’s Ultras) building a temporary hospital for Coronavirus sufferers in Bergamo.

MOSCOW

Russia on Saturday claimed it has created a drug, based on the antimalarial Mefloquine, to treat patients suffering from the coronavirus, known as COVID-19.

The drug prevents virus replication in cells and as a result stops the inflammatory process caused by the virus, the Russian Federal Biomedical Agency said in a statement.

Veronika Skvortsova, the agency’s head, said Mefloquine has to be combined with antibiotics for the maximum effect, allowing increase in the concentration of antiviral agents in blood plasma and lungs.

"This will ensure effective treatment of patients with various degrees of coronavirus infection," Skvortsova said.

Earlier in the day, the Russian government announced 228 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus, bringing the total number in the country to 1,264, with six deaths.

A total of 49 people have so far recovered from the virus.

In a bid to curb the spread of the coronavirus, Russia has banned entry of foreign nationals and canceled all international flights.

Authorities are also considering a ban on movement inside the country.

After first appearing in Wuhan, China, in December, the virus, officially known as COVID-19, has spread to at least 177 countries and regions, according to data compiled by U.S.-based Johns Hopkins University.

The data shows more than 618,000 cases have been reported worldwide, with the death toll surpassing 28,600, and over 135,700 recoveries.

Anadolu Agency

My wife just posted this on FB
My brother who live's in Birchwood nr Warrington has copd and arthritis and is self isolating asked me to get him a food delivery from the local supermarkets, unfortunately none available for a few weeks, so I went on a local Facebook page and manage to get in touch with a local church ( Birchwood Community Church ) who actually took him a big bag of shopping this morning and wouldn't take payment, words can't express how thankful I am.

MOSCOW

Russia on Saturday claimed it has created a drug, based on the antimalarial Mefloquine, to treat patients suffering from the coronavirus, known as COVID-19.

The drug prevents virus replication in cells and as a result stops the inflammatory process caused by the virus, the Russian Federal Biomedical Agency said in a statement.

Veronika Skvortsova, the agency’s head, said Mefloquine has to be combined with antibiotics for the maximum effect, allowing increase in the concentration of antiviral agents in blood plasma and lungs.

"This will ensure effective treatment of patients with various degrees of coronavirus infection," Skvortsova said.

Earlier in the day, the Russian government announced 228 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus, bringing the total number in the country to 1,264, with six deaths.

A total of 49 people have so far recovered from the virus.

In a bid to curb the spread of the coronavirus, Russia has banned entry of foreign nationals and canceled all international flights.

Authorities are also considering a ban on movement inside the country.

After first appearing in Wuhan, China, in December, the virus, officially known as COVID-19, has spread to at least 177 countries and regions, according to data compiled by U.S.-based Johns Hopkins University.

The data shows more than 618,000 cases have been reported worldwide, with the death toll surpassing 28,600, and over 135,700 recoveries.

Anadolu Agency
If this is true, and I really hope it is, East/West relations are going to be interesting.....

The NHS has expanded the number of beds to care for Coronavirus patients by 33,000 in the last 8 weeks. This was in a statement by Chris Hopkin (who leads the NHS Providers network) in response so the Lancet claims that the NHS hadn’t prepared for the virus.

My wife just posted this on FB
My brother who live's in Birchwood nr Warrington has copd and arthritis and is self isolating asked me to get him a food delivery from the local supermarkets, unfortunately none available for a few weeks, so I went on a local Facebook page and manage to get in touch with a local church ( Birchwood Community Church ) who actually took him a big bag of shopping this morning and wouldn't take payment, words can't express how thankful I am.

Thsts Brilliant pal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.