Positives For The Remainder Of The Season

So many positives. Even last night, horrible way to go out, but we showed we are the much better team. Take those positives and go and get to the cup final. Then it's a huge boost for the squad and hopefully we can go and win the title.

The European Cup is going to another country so no one domestically will give a shit about it now.

The big positive for me is that this proves, yet again, how flukey and bollocks the CL (and Cup football in general) actually is.

The winners are always held up as the "greatest team in Europe" but that's rarely the case. A lot of the time it's about who gets the luck of the draw, penalty lotteries, and the finest of margins. Even Spurs got to a final FFS.

Any idiot can see we were the better team of the two last night and the best left in the competition.

That's why, for me, the Prem is always worth so much more and I agree completely with Pep when he says that winning the Prem is the biggest challenge, as you don't get "lucky draws" or "one offs" in the Prem. You have to do it week in, week out, for 38 games. And if we can win that thing four times in a row it'll be an incredible achievement.

If they ever turn the CL into an actual league where every team plays every other team twice, home and away, then it'd be far more impressive to win. Until then it's just another cup with all the random bollocks that goes with it. I think PSG will actually win it now and who would honestly say they're the best team in Europe? Or if Real fluke their way to yet another win, well, we made them look like a Championship underdog last night.

All focus on Prem now.

Plenty of positives for me, in no particular order:

1. Looks like only four teams for the CL next season so 4th place between Villa and Spurs - https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...ace-five-places-next-seasons-champions-league we need either Spurs to out of contention by the time we play them or qualified having taken points off Arse and Dippers before we play them.
2. Walker is back
3. We battered Madrid and shown to all the doubters we can compete at the very top. You need a little luck to win cups, we didn't have much yesterday
4. Saved a fortune on cup scheme and possible trip to Wembley
5. Season ends a week earlier to give the players a little extra rest before the Euros
6. Gvardiol is looking better and better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.