Positives from today`s match

black mamba said:
BurnCK said:
There were no positives from today. An all round lacklustre, sloppy performance in a game we should be comfortably winning. Another 2 points dropped....

That is the type of low-key game that , coming on the back of a European performance , the rags or Arsenal would have won 1-0 ..... and that's where we are failing ..... until we learn to do that the extra points will continue to evade us.
Just about bang on the money - and what do extra points mean ?!!

BillyShears said:
*singingtheblues* said:
Zabaleta didn't play right back, and he didn't play wide right either. There was a very brief spell in which he did during the second half, until he was shifted to left back for the introduction of a right winger - or did you miss that?

Also, SWP wasn't fully fit and was suffering from a back injury, so wasn't really an option anyway.

So that makes your pathetic attempt at criticising the manager completely and utterly defunct.

Tedious stuff. Must try harder.

I agree - there are so many completely valid and interesting reasons to criticize Roberto, which could provoke debate and discussion, it staggers me that people are using where Zaba played as a stick to beat him with...

Indeed.

Let's hear them.

I honestly cant think of any positives from today

The team played poorly in all areas of the pitch, if we want top 4, games like this are a must win.
Does the blame lie with the manager, the players, or a bit of both
I personally am not inspired by the tactics.
Why does it appear players go backwards at City, we bought Milner and he was PFA young player of the year look at him now.
Ballotelli wins some European award,so in theory he cant be bad .For me at the moment he is like the Emporers clothes.He has all the skill in the world but a poor attitude he is rarely in the game and constantly rolling around.

Can Mancinni motivate the players,I know you cant change every few minutes and i know Martin Oneil is not the answer,but someone like him would have them motivated and playing at a high tempo.We can all make excuses but is anyone truly happy with tthe performances that are being served up on regular basis

mike channon´s windmill said:
Just about bang on the money - and what do extra points mean ?!!

PRIZES!!!!

qn4rp4.jpg

It was lacklustre and lacked desire but we got a point which is about all we deserved and on another day we could have come up empty so that was about the only positive.

*singingtheblues* said:
BillyShears said:
I agree - there are so many completely valid and interesting reasons to criticize Roberto, which could provoke debate and discussion, it staggers me that people are using where Zaba played as a stick to beat him with...

Indeed.

Let's hear them.
Without getting into a tedious argument with you,Zaba started the game on the right side of a midfield 3 therefore making him wide right.If SWP was injured then he shouldn't be on the bench.My argument with Mancini is why play a right back there when you have right sided midfield players on the bench.

Sorry for having a different opinion to you btw.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Absolutely no positives, whatsover.

Zabaleta was not a positive, merely in that it was no surprise to see him give his all, as per usual.

Aside from him and Barry, Lescott, the rest were a disgrace.

Me and you must of watched the same game then.

Barry and lescott best of a bad bunch. That second half performance was a disgrace. Dunno what Bobby said to them at half time but it certainly wasnt inspiring.

vicar_in_a_tutu said:
*singingtheblues* said:
Indeed.

Let's hear them.
Without getting into a tedious argument with you,Zaba started the game on the right side of a midfield 3 therefore making him wide right.If SWP was injured then he shouldn't be on the bench.My argument with Mancini is why play a right back there when you have right sided midfield players on the bench.

Sorry for having a different opinion to you btw.

Because he played a central role, to call his role "wide right" is too simplify it to the point of stupidity, which you're doing now to defend your pathetically limp dig at the manager.

Zabaleta has played in a defensive midfield role before, and done it well. That's essentially the role he played for us yesterday, albeit with a little more freedom than your typical defensive midfielder.

You're not going to suggest that an injured SWP would have been a more suitable candidate for that role?

If you're going to criticise Mancini you could say that Milner would have been more suitable for the role, but then again he wasn't fully fit either. So Mancini made a tough call and played Zabaleta there, either way he can't win because the likes of you with your FM2011 credentials will always pick holes.

It's easy to say what we should have done in hindsight, but I think I'll trust Mancini's judgement before the likes of you, thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.