Possible Dunne sale

What's Dunney saying about it? Not seen any response from him.

I saw him in his car the other week - I should have flashed him over and asked him.

we need to sign a quality centre back,not to replace anybody,purely to create competion,dunne is a good defender but as the back four,was changed for various reasons last term,and that apart from dunne,lacks experiance,its makes sense,if were to challenge for honours,keep dunne,and the rest,lets just give them some help,sign someone mr hughes

Dunne may had a bad season at City but if you are to look at his preformances for Ireland he has showed just how good a defender he is reading the game and defending well scoring the odd goal as well in the right net. It is going to be a battle for everyone next year. Last season people wrote off Ireland and he came back strong this season they wrote off Dunne next season he will be back stronger than before.

If Hughes is successful in bringing in Lescott or another strong (maybe left sided) centre back I can see it being the end for Dunne. He's been a great servant and all but I don't think Hughes has time for loyalties, favouritism or sentimentality.

With Kompany, Onouha, Richards, Dunne and A N Other at Hughes disposal I think it will be Dunne who gets the short straw. That's not me having a go at Dunne, just my guess what may happen.

banbury_blue said:
I think its a little worrying about all the links in the papers of Dunne leaving to Sunderland, Spuds or Stoke that have emerged over the past few weeks.

I know last season was a bit of a let down in many ways for the big man, and indeed was outshone by Ned during the second half of the season but I still think that he is well worthy of staying at the club, if not quite a starter he will always be a more than useful squad player, especially with his friendship with Shay Given.

Add to this that there is still been no concrete offers gone in from City to any other defenders and I worry that if Dunney goes we will leave ourselves very short in cover for an already weak area of our team.. guess I'm just scared that we lose Dunne but get to keep Tal Ben Haim

dont stress man theres no way hughs would sell him without a replacement already signed on the dotted line ad be gutted to lose him no doubt but a fear we may have already seen his best years so city might look to make a cheeky profit n give some of the academy boys a run out. possibility?

Dunne has been a loyal servant to the club and for that deserves our utmost repect, he had a poor spell last season mainly to do with covering for micah during his "lazy" spell!
That said if we are to improve as a club we must try to improve in every position we can without letting sentiment get in the way, If we sign lescott only i think we should keep Dunne but if we get two central defenders that are better than Dunne it would be only fair to let him go with our best wishes ringing in his ears, please stop calling him carthorse etc we should be glad of the service he has given!!

Captain Donkey is like a dream for opposing forwards to play against......would nt even make the bench at a top 4 club.....a total laughing stock who held the club to ransom last season......whoever he plays for that club should start on minus 12 points...cos thats how many at least he will cost the club over a seaon ...at least.Yesterdays man.

mr bluesky said:
Captain Donkey is like a dream for opposing forwards to play against......would nt even make the bench at a top 4 club.....a total laughing stock who held the club to ransom last season......whoever he plays for that club should start on minus 12 points...cos thats how many at least he will cost the club over a seaon ...at least.Yesterdays man.

harsh ! - he played fantastic at the back end of season especially at goodison away.

I think the reality is that if we are to get where the owners want us to then some of the fans favourites are going to fall by the wayside so to speak

Harsh, but inevitable in the long run

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.