Possible retrospective Viera ban a blessing in disguise

lionheart said:
What is all this shit? Vieira played as well as anybody except possibly Lescott. If we lose him for three games against the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea, we may as well concede the points now. Ireland is not the player he was and would be a poor replacement

Ireland is still the player he was. he just needs some games to get into form. It's like him and Garrido traded places when Mancini came in.

Last time he had some real quality minutes, (that I can remember), he dished out that beautiful pass to... Onuoha I think it was.

did he get booked for the alleged sending off offence or was it missed? if he got his yellow for that then the f.a. can't do anything. but he should not be starting games and thats that really, sounded well off the pace early on and should be used to shore up the midfield if we are winning to calm things down. no suspension but use this thought to put ireland on more often please mr mancini

he eventually got booked around 40 minutes after about half a dozen little fouls. think the ref lost patience with him.

he was lucky to be on the pitch tho by that point, and i agree if it forced Mancini to drop the 3 defensive midfielder approach, it will be a blessing.

to the lads who thought he was one of our better players last night - seriously? he wasn't alone, but he was a bag of sh*te.

Didn't really offer us anything substantive last night. MC has probably learned he cannot play every game, probably can manage two then need a game off. I wonder though how much Stevie Ireland would have been bullied off the ball last night if he had played instead of Vieira.

In games against more cultured opposition, I would like to see a silkier player live Ireland, he'd probably get more space/time to pick out his passes.

There is a light said:
Yet again tonight we created nothing in front of goal
True, but Stokes defense is rock solid. Everytime the ball was passed in for someone to score there was a stoke foot or a stoke head in the way. We really needed Tevez, he could have outrun the defenders and gotten the the goal before them.

Citizen of Ottawa said:
lionheart said:
What is all this shit? Vieira played as well as anybody except possibly Lescott. If we lose him for three games against the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea, we may as well concede the points now. Ireland is not the player he was and would be a poor replacement

Ireland is still the player he was. he just needs some games to get into form. It's like him and Garrido traded places when Mancini came in.

Last time he had some real quality minutes, (that I can remember), he dished out that beautiful pass to... Onuoha I think it was.

Ireland is NOT the player he was and just maybe Viera needs some games to get into form!!

Rember Tevez at the begining of the season!!

Citizen of Ottawa said:
lionheart said:

And Adebayor vs Portsmoouth.

mcfc_die_hard said:
hang on did he get a yellow i cnt remember?

if he got a yellow they can turn it into a red but if he got no card they cnt do fuck all

If he got no card, and Wiley says he didn't see the incident of the boot caressing the Stoke player's bollox, then he will be asked what action would he have taken had he seen it. Answer has to be that WileyCoyote would say that he would have sent him off. Three matches. That's the way it works.

Oh yes!! Let us all be happy that our best midfield player may be banned!!

He may not have the pace anymore, but he easily outshone De Jong and Barry!! He was the only player in midfield who got the ball down and passed it well.

If the referee says he didn't see the incident, then he is a liar because he was looking straight at it!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.