Possible return to Umbro?

No, it was a new kit for the 03/04 season but First Advice went bust as has been discussed and it was too late to make a change.

Oh. Well that is pretty stupid, if they hadn't made the shirts, how hard would it really be to remove the logo from the design?

Oh. Well that is pretty stupid, if they hadn't made the shirts, how hard would it really be to remove the logo from the design?

If I'm not mistaken they went bust in about the August/September time, so we just had to go through the season with a sponsor that didn't exist. It was just too late to do anything about it. In 2008 West Ham had a similar occurrence where their sponsor went bump so they covered the logo with squad numbers. Problem is the First Advice logo wasn't so easy to cover, so it was left.

If I'm not mistaken they went bust in about the August/September time, so we just had to go through the season with a sponsor that didn't exist. It was just too late to do anything about it. In 2008 West Ham had a similar occurrence where their sponsor went bump so they covered the logo with squad numbers. Problem is the First Advice logo wasn't so easy to cover, so it was left.

Didn't West Ham have a season without a sponsor once when they had a deal with a Condomn manufacturer 'Juicy' I think but then the Catholic ownership of the club decided against it and it was too late to get anyone else... They then had XL Airways who went tits up!

I very much doubt City will leave Nike for Umbro if it wants the worldwide shirtsale to keep growing. It was Soriano telling shirtsale I Manchester, England or Europe didn't matter. It was mainly Asia and the US. And that is where Nike is very popular i.e Umbro hardly known.

I fancied the Umbro shirts in the Sheik area. But Nike hasn't done bad either.

We had Thomas cook on our shirts for the Europa league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.