Possible squad/starting XI next season?

In terms of the squad overall defo needs to be a right back over a left back prioritised. Atm one injury to Walker means Cancelo has to move over to a position he isn't as good in imo. This summer is the only time Reece James might be available given Chelsea's ownership struggles so I'd throw the kitchen sink at him.

This would be my squad.

GK - Ederson, Bazunu, Carson

CB - Stones, Dias, Laporte, Aké

FB - Walker, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Sergi Gomez (or similar young cheap project pacey left footed LB)

MF - Rodri, FDJ, KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan, McAtee

FW -Haaland, Alvarez, Sterling, Foden, Grealish, Palmer

Per UEFA squad rules - 4 HG spots filled, 1 Club trained, 3 u21s, 15 foreign players...so room for another midfielder if one presents themselves and/or Steffen to stay if Bazunu really can't be persuaded to play 15 games in the cups and win some trophies.
I like it, I only have few changes to it.

GK - I'd do the same.

FB - I like the idea, I'd go a step further and spend no money and promote an academy fullback. Since those 3 can play fullback and I'd even say Ake can as well when interpreted defensively. JWE is pretty good as someone mentioned.

Could also buyback Pedro Porro for pretty cheap, I like that as well.

CMF - Tchouameni instead of FDJ maybe (or Nunes), but either is good. Rodri, Bernardo, Gundogan, Kevin.

AMF - Foden, Grealish, McAtee.

FW - My problem with keeping Sterling is that if he isn't signing a contract then he isn't committed, I don't want anybody not committed. But it also seems like Jesus is leaving, meaning we have to keep Mahrez.

Sell both and get Nkunku. I want more killers in the front 3 and less playmakers in general.

This means Foden and Grealish more as an attacking midfielder, backup FW options. KdB in a midfield 2 sending passes forward to the killer 3.

Haaland, Alvarez, Nkunku, Mahrez, Palmer - Foden, Grealish rotation if needed

Overall Cost In: Haaland, Alvarez, Nkunku, Tchouameni, Academy Fullback - (approx 220m Euros)

Selling - Sterling and Jesus (approx 90m Euros)

Last edited:
My problem with keeping Sterling is that if he isn't signing a contract then he isn't committed, I don't want anybody not committed. But it also seems like Jesus is leaving, meaning we have to keep Mahrez.

Don't really get this bit.

Has Fernandinho not been committed this season?

Was Silva not committed in his final season when he knew he was leaving for Real Sociedad?

Conversely, we've had players like Laporte and Bernardo with long term contracts asking to leave, and no one has doubted their commitment.

In: Haaland, de Jong, Bellingham, Kabore(recall)
Out: Gabriel Jesus, Fernandinho

GK - Ederson, Steffan, Carson
CBR - Dias, Stones, Egan-Riley
CBL - Laporte, Ake
FBR - Walker, Kabore
FBL - Cancelo, Zinchencko
DM - Rodri, de Jong
CM - De Bruyne, Bernardo, Bellingham, Gundogan, Palmer
W - Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Grealish, McAtee
FW - Haaland, Alvarez

10 Home grown
4 Club grown

Don't really get this bit.

Has Fernandinho not been committed this season?

Was Silva not committed in his final season when he knew he was leaving for Real Sociedad?

Conversely, we've had players like Laporte and Bernardo with long term contracts asking to leave, and no one has doubted their commitment.
Fernandinho is close to retirement, very different.

Silva the same thing. Neither were gonna be the main stays and were backups but wanted to leave.

Laporte and Bernie have different situations as well. One wants to simply go abroad and the other wants to be the starter. They also aren't on their final year.

Most things I've read with Sterling is that it's a contract dispute. And since he's on his final year it's not worth keeping him imo when others can get the minutes instead who want to stay.

It's the exact same with Jesus. If he doesn't want to stay, and it's his final year we should just sell him right? Why keep him for his final year and let him go free if he won't commit longer term.

In terms of the squad overall defo needs to be a right back over a left back prioritised. Atm one injury to Walker means Cancelo has to move over to a position he isn't as good in imo. This summer is the only time Reece James might be available given Chelsea's ownership struggles so I'd throw the kitchen sink at him.

Would be a great signing but I don't think it is likely .

Unless it is the internet buster which TH referred to ???

so gundo,mahrez,sterling and jesus finish contracts next summer.

i think jesus wiil leave and if mahrez or streling leave too, i not be suprised.

give gundo one more year and let him go free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.