Possible squad/starting XI next season?

This would be my squad.

GK - Ederson, Bazunu, Carson

CB - Stones, Dias, Laporte, Aké

FB - Walker, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Sergi Gomez (or similar young cheap project pacey left footed LB)

MF - Rodri, FDJ, KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan, McAtee

FW -Haaland, Alvarez, Sterling, Foden, Grealish, Palmer

Per UEFA squad rules - 4 HG spots filled, 1 Club trained, 3 u21s, 15 foreign players...so room for another midfielder if one presents themselves and/or Steffen to stay if Bazunu really can't be persuaded to play 15 games in the cups and win some trophies.

This would be my squad.

FB - Walker, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Sergi Gomez (or similar young cheap project pacey left footed LB)

Per UEFA squad rules - 4 HG spots filled, 1 Club trained, 3 u21s, 15 foreign players...so room for another midfielder if one presents themselves and/or Steffen to stay if Bazunu really can't be persuaded to play 15 games in the cups and win some trophies.
Mine would be similar but I’d go for a right back not a left back. Treat Cancelo as a permanent left back, then have the project player as understudy to Walker. Just my preference as in general I prefer Cancelo’s performances on the left this season to those on the right, and I think he and Walker are too good to be taking that many minutes off each other.

This would be my squad.

I think the forward options look weak in the wide areas.
Question marks over Alvarez, Grealish and Palmer. Sterling in the last year of his contract and will he rediscover his consistent form of a few years ago. Also a lack of pace.

Mine would be similar but I’d go for a right back not a left back. Treat Cancelo as a permanent left back, then have the project player as understudy to Walker. Just my preference as in general I prefer Cancelo’s performances on the left this season to those on the right.

My only problem with that is Pep refuses to play an all right footed back line, which means if Cancelo is LB, Stones and Dias (IMO our best pairing) can't play.

What I like about Sergi Gomez is that he used to be a genuine winger, he played in the front 3 in the u17 Euros and World Cup finals against Foden (and with Ferran Torres) so he could be used as a traditional winger, like Sané, instead of Foden/Grealish being 10's who play on the wing. That could be a nice option to have.

When Wilson-Esbrand played those couple of games early this season, it just reminded me how devastating an attacking fullback going round the outside to the byline can be, and it's something we've missed for...6 or 7 years apart from those 5 games with Mendy before he did his knee.

I think the forward options look weak in the wide areas.
Question marks over Alvarez, Grealish and Palmer. Sterling in the last year of his contract and will he rediscover his consistent form of a few years ago. Also a lack of pace.

Sterling, Foden, Alvarez and Haaland all have lots of pace!

This would be my squad.

Wouldn't mind Wilson-Esbrand being given a chance as LB cover.

Sterling, Foden, Alvarez and Haaland all have lots of pace!
I'm talking wide players as a collective. Sterling obviously has pace, Foden is fairly quick but not lightning. Alvarez doesn't seem particularly fast from what I've seen of him.

Haaland is freakishly face. Not sure how much people realise this. His acceleration combined with his 6'4 frame...yeah, he's gonna get on the end of so many crosses that none of our team are currently getting near. Can't wait.
The thing he has too is an insatiable desire to get on the end of things and that alone is enough, but combine it with crazy pace too and it’s why he gets on the end of so many crosses and cut backs. The guy will bulldoze everything out of his way just for a sniff of a half chance.

Haaland is freakishly face. Not sure how much people realise this. His acceleration combined with his 6'4 frame...yeah, he's gonna get on the end of so many crosses that none of our team are currently getting near. Can't wait.
You can’t call him Freaky Face even if it’s true ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.