Cancelo Dias Stones Cucurella
KDB Rodri Bernardo
Sterling Haaland Foden

XI 2
Steffen
Walker Ake Laporte Zinchenko
Gundogan Phillips Grealish
Mahrez Alvarez Jesus (?)

This under the idea that Jesus and Sterling doesn't leave ofc.

XI 1
Ederson
KDB Rodri Bernardo
Sterling Haaland Foden

XI 2
Steffen
Mahrez Alvarez Jesus (?)

100% one of Jesus, Sterling or Mahrez leave

Most likely is Gabby

XI 1
Ederson
KDB Rodri Bernardo
Sterling Haaland Foden

XI 2
Steffen
Mahrez Alvarez Jesus (?)

Cucurella Bernado Haaland and Foden are all left footed and very much one footed. It will be a nightmare to have 4 left footed on the left side. Haaland likes to roam center to left than right.

When Cucurella and Haaland both start, logical solution will be play a right-foot winger on the left - and Sterling and Grealish fit in the category. Dortmund also plays Reus as a left winger/midfielder behind Haaland. (Sancho also did that role) Grealish has the most similar profile to Reus among our squad - right footed, a mix of winger/midfielder, more like to assist rather than shoot, has good dribbles and tempo. At the same time I will put Foden or Mahrez on the right wing to be the 2nd killer. There will be plenty of space on the right when we overload the left side with Haaland and Grealish (Sterling). Foden has to act as a left winger because we don't have a real left back for long. I always believe that he will be the perfect right winger like Messi just like what he did in England shirt at the young age. I will expect Foden/Haaland with great number of G and Grealish a lot of A next season :)

On the other side Alvarez and Foden will be a very good combo. Alvarez is right footed and more like a second striker. Interchange between him/Foden/Raz will be beautiful. Togerther with Cancelo on the left to occupy the left half space.

Cucurella Bernado Haaland and Foden are all left footed and very much one footed. It will be a nightmare to have 4 left footed on the left side. Haaland likes to roam center to left than right.
Um, excuse me, what? Bernardo and Foden are one footed? What are you smoking? Cucurella is very much technical on both feet.

Um, excuse me, what? Bernardo and Foden are one footed? What are you smoking? Cucurella is very much technical on both feet.
If Foden is not one footed he would at least have a shot on target when Ferna set him up at vs Real. And that is the truth. As long as I love Foden, he needs to improve his right foot. Don't be blind.

Only KDB is really good at both feet among our attacking players. The others all have very obvious weaker foot. It is normal.

If Foden is not one footed he would at least have a shot on target when Ferna set him up at vs Real. And that is the truth. As long as I love Foden, he needs to improve his right foot. Don't be blind.

Only KDB is really good at both feet among our attacking players. The others all have very obvious weaker foot. It is normal.

foden is two footed. His left is stronger I agree, but he’s used his right lots of times

Then the same argument can be made on our right side? none of our players are "one footed"... And Cucurellas being mainly left footed is exactly what Pep has been missing since Mendy was detained... And finally he gets his overlapping fullback.

Then the same argument can be made on our right side? none of our players are "one footed"... And Cucurellas being mainly left footed is exactly what Pep has been missing since Mendy was detained... And finally he gets his overlapping fullback.

Yes. We can say the same for the right side as well. But it is not as important as the left side. Because
we usually overload the left side. So left side players have tighter spaces. Then the foot-vise combination is more critical. On the right side you have more room. Plus KDB often plays on the right side and he is good at both feet. It solves a lot of problems.

I am not saying any of our players are bad. I just think that Cucurella+Bernado+Foden+Halland is not really workable. We have to put at least one right foot player there to maintain the threat of cutting inside - pick one from Cancelo/KDB/Grealish/Sterling. For my taste, if Cucurella starts (that is a big if given he has not signed yet), Cucurella+Bernado+Grealish/Sterling+Haaland is the most reasonable way because 1 KDB can play his favorite right midfielder role 2 it is the closest thing to Dortmond tailor-made set up for Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.