Post a Surprising Musical Fact.

The bass and guitar riff from Labe Siffre's 'I Got The' that's featured as a sample in Eminem's 'My Name Is' was originally performed by Dave, of Chas & Dave.

Last edited:
In 1961, The Beatles made their first trip south for a gig in Aldershot. Just before the show was due to start, nobody had turned up to watch. The venue manager persuaded 18 teenagers in a local pub to each pay 5 shillings (25p) to watch the show.

Not really a surprising musical fact but I am a sometime percussionist (Hence my name on here) and occasional singer. My last time playing in Ireland before I left for the US permanently in 1989 was in a bar in my hometown in West Cork with a pretty good lineup. As two of them are sadly deceased now, it will never happen again.

Bass - Noel Redding of the original Jimi Hendrix Experience. (Settled in my hometown back in 1977 and never left.)
Drums - Mitch Mitchell - ditto; he was visiting Noel at the time. Only time I ever met him.
Guitar - Tom McGuinness - Manfred Mann and McGuinness Flint. (Has relatives in the area.)
A couple of very good local musicians and singers.
And lil' old me - without a fucking camera.

A hell of a going away gig it was.
Christ mate, that's amazing. What music we're you playing ?

Elvis Costello’s dad sang the R.Whites lemonade tune and Elvis provided backing vocals.

Mike Nesmith’s mother invented Tipex.
Correct. She originally invented it to combat nipple-chafing from the boom in nylon garments and dance halls. Afterwards, she trialled it as a paint on condom but it came to a full stop...That's when it dawned on her...

I have it on fairly good authority that the power cut was intentionally done by the then manager Gareth Evans. He instructed Cressa to turn the guitar amp up too high if the singing was too bad. Apparently he didn't want the world to hear how bad Ian's singing was at that stage. Could be bullshit though ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.