Post a Surprising Musical Fact.

Bass - Noel Redding of the original Jimi Hendrix Experience. (Settled in my hometown back in 1977 and never left.)
Drums - Mitch Mitchell - ditto; he was visiting Noel at the time. Only time I ever met him.
Guitar - Tom McGuinness - Manfred Mann and McGuinness Flint. (Has relatives in the area.)
A couple of very good local musicians and singers.
And lil' old me - without a fucking camera.

A hell of a going away gig it was.
I'm guessing DeBarra's

Probably said already but Ravi Shankar is Norah Jones father.
I wonder are they the biggest selling parent and their child artists.

I have it on fairly good authority that the power cut was intentionally done by the then manager Gareth Evans. He instructed Cressa to turn the guitar amp up too high if the singing was too bad. Apparently he didn't want the world to hear how bad Ian's singing was at that stage. Could be bullshit though ;)

In 2005/6, I was rehearsing with a band I was in when this guy in a suit stuck his head up against the window eating a bag of fish and chips..We thought what the fuck so we invited him in to eat his dinner off the table in the corner if he wished. He accepted and we carried on playing and he seemed to like it. Anyway, we had a break and got talking to him...Turned out to be Gareth Evens. I didn't have a clue who he was, but two of the lads were Roses fans and knew exactly who he was after he presented his card..His card had the famous paint splatter picture on the back and I remembered him taking credit for the idea of the pic. He checked out and sort of managed us for a while, even talking about getting us to do another Spike island gig. For one reason or another the band fizzled out and it came to nowt.

Christ mate, that's amazing. What music we're you playing ?
Kind of a mixture really. Noel used to do a lot of old Buddy Holly, Everly Brothers type of stuff but mixed in a couple of Hendrix choons like "Hey Joe". Especially with Mitch there which was bloody amazing. I warbled couple of Dire Straits tunes as well, as I recall. Like I say, I didn't have a camera too...it really was a fantastic session.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.