Post a Surprising Musical Fact.

This was a few doors down from the Church Inn in Northenden. He'd been to the chippy across the road. To this day I don't know why he was down this end. Strange but true. At the time he was mates with Stuart Cable from the Stereophonics and I think he was after replacing our drummer with him at one point.
It was an education with him, I'll say that much. Came close to selling my soul...He wanted us to get behind things I wasn't politically in favour of to give the band an angle.
Full of mad ideas. He's a one-off, that's for sure. Our rehearsal room was the one on Rochdale road. He came with some record company/PR guys. Same thing, really, ...the band just fizzled out. Another thing I heard was that the Roses were offered millions by Sky for them to broadcast Spike Island live, but this was turned down for the same reason: it was too early in the band's career for the world to hear how bad Ian's singing was. It would have been a marketing disaster, maybe.

The #1 hit tune "It's Not Unusual", recorded by Tom Jones, was originally wrote with Sandie Shaw in mind.
Sandie Shaw didn't fancy it, so the Pontypridd crooner recorded it, gaining his first big hit.
The song's title is also responsible for the "Doctor Doctor" jokes about having Tom Jones syndrome...

Millie Vanilli won a grammy yet couldn't sing a note. All dubbed until they got caught out miming live to Girl You Know It's true as their recording tape went tits up. The cheeky duo never sang a single note in the studio and it was all done by session players. Cheeky scamps!

Boney M anybody?

Contrary to popular belief Rod Stewart didn't play the harmonica on Little Millies My boy lollipop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.