Post a Surprising Musical Fact.

Hank Williams Sr and Jr,
Bob Marley and Ziggy, - both dads are huge sellers,

Julio and Enrique Iglesias,
Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus?
Parents: Brian Wilson (Beach Boys), John & Michelle Phillips (The Mamas & The Papas)
Children: Wilson Phillips (trio comprising of Carnie & Wendy Wilson & Chynn Phillips)

Elvis Costello was originally going to use ‘Watlington P. Risborough’ as his stage name.
It’s the sign post at junction 6 of the M40

The QSG.

They’ve actually got a song called “Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy The Weed” about the two QSG members:

I rubbed chip fat into JTF's brand new suede shoes when I was toddler lol. Not sure if Jimmy's alive still, he was at my brothers funeral a few years back. I heard from somewhere he had cancer.
J and J had a brother called Arthur, his son was an old school mate of mine who formed Gio Goi with his brother. I remember him telling me at the time they'd got the name from a random flick through a Vietnamese dictionary.

Last edited:
In 2005/6, I was rehearsing with a band I was in when this guy in a suit stuck his head up against the window eating a bag of fish and chips..We thought what the fuck so we invited him in to eat his dinner off the table in the corner if he wished. He accepted and we carried on playing and he seemed to like it. Anyway, we had a break and got talking to him...Turned out to be Gareth Evens. I didn't have a clue who he was, but two of the lads were Roses fans and knew exactly who he was after he presented his card..His card had the famous paint splatter picture on the back and I remembered him taking credit for the idea of the pic. He checked out and sort of managed us for a while, even talking about getting us to do another Spike island gig. For one reason or another the band fizzled out and it came to nowt.
Some of my mates were in a band managed by Gareth around 92/93. I met him at rehearsals too. He was dressed like a country gent in the centre of Town.

Some of my mates were in a band managed by Gareth around 92/93. I met him at rehearsals too. He was dressed like a country gent in the centre of Town.
This was a few doors down from the Church Inn in Northenden. He'd been to the chippy across the road. To this day I don't know why he was down this end. Strange but true. At the time he was mates with Stuart Cable from the Stereophonics and I think he was after replacing our drummer with him at one point.
It was an education with him, I'll say that much. Came close to selling my soul...He wanted us to get behind things I wasn't politically in favour of to give the band an angle.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.