Post a Surprising Musical Fact.

And they never saw a penny for it after the studio, I think Warner Bros, fucked them over completely
Not warner Bros, it was their American manager. He was a crook, kept all their income.
Only band with 2 suicides I believe.
They were initially signed by The Beatles company Apple. Paul McCartney wrote a hit for them called "Come And Get It"

The manager of the rock band Badfinger was Stanley Herbert Polley. He was an American entertainment manager and a controversial figure active in the 1960s and 1970s. Polley’s clients included not only Badfinger but also musician Al Kooper and singer Lou Christie. Unfortunately, throughout his career, Polley defrauded several clients and associates, most notably the members of Badfinger1.

In 1970, Polley became the group’s manager, and it was under his management that Badfinger faced significant financial troubles. He negotiated a record contract with Warner Bros. Records for the band, but the legal complications surrounding the funds crippled Badfinger financially. Tragically, band member Pete Ham died by suicide in 1975, leaving behind a note directly blaming Polley for his financial ruin.
Another bandmate, Tom Evans, also died by suicide in 1983

Not warner Bros, it was their American manager. He was a crook, kept all their income.
Only band with 2 suicides I believe.
They were initially signed by The Beatles company Apple. Paul McCartney wrote a hit for them called "Come And Get It"

The manager of the rock band Badfinger was Stanley Herbert Polley. He was an American entertainment manager and a controversial figure active in the 1960s and 1970s. Polley’s clients included not only Badfinger but also musician Al Kooper and singer Lou Christie. Unfortunately, throughout his career, Polley defrauded several clients and associates, most notably the members of Badfinger1.

In 1970, Polley became the group’s manager, and it was under his management that Badfinger faced significant financial troubles. He negotiated a record contract with Warner Bros. Records for the band, but the legal complications surrounding the funds crippled Badfinger financially. Tragically, band member Pete Ham died by suicide in 1975, leaving behind a note directly blaming Polley for his financial ruin.
Another bandmate, Tom Evans, also died by suicide in 1983
Its a sad story. Pete Ham lived just a few streets away from where I do and I know lots of people who knew him.

Harry Nilsson's Without You (or that screeching mare/dolphin/fucking fax machine, Mariah Carey, if you so wish) - was written by Pete Ham and Tom Evans who had a hit with the first record I ever bought...

Despite his prodigious musical output and entry into the 100 all-time greatest songwriters, his only awards were for two songs he never wrote..."Without You" and "Everbody's Talkin'"

Nilsson had an apartment in London. Cass Elliot was staying there when she died of a heart attack. Four years later Keith Moon, who was also using the apartment, died of drug overdose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.