Post a Surprising Musical Fact.

Harry Nilsson's Without You (or that screeching mare/dolphin/fucking fax machine, Mariah Carey, if you so wish) - was written by Pete Ham and Tom Evans who had a hit with the first record I ever bought...

The smiths Panic
This song was written in reaction to an incident where the BBC DJ, Steve Wright, played the trite and spunky Wham! track, "I'm Your Man," following a news report about the Chernobyl disaster – a devastating nuclear accident that occurred on April 26, 1986 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine. Guitarist, Johnny Marr, recalled to NME in 1987: "'Panic' came about at the time of Chernobyl. Morrissey and myself were listening to a radio report about it. The stories of this shocking disaster comes to an end and then immediately we're off into Wham's 'I'm Your Man.' I remember actually saying, 'What the f*ck has this got to do with people's lives?' And so, 'Hang the blessed DJ.' I think it was a great

An 11 year old kid, who would go on to become Adamski, wrote and released this back in the late 70s. Some FOCs may recall John Peel playing it quite often.

According to band members, Mark E Smith told Craig Scanlon to rip off the riff for the song Mere Pseud Mag Ed.

Probably posted this before but shamelessly posting it again as more people should recognise the genius of Chis Sievey aka Frank Sidebottom.

In 1982 He released a single called Camouflage. on the b side the was a computer game and a music video which he created using a spectrum zx81.

making it one of the first multi media records years before multi media CDs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.