Post a Surprising Musical Fact.

Backing vocals on Can You Feel The Love Tonight by Elton John from The Lion King soundtrack, which won the Best Original Song Oscar, were done by:

Rick Astley,
Gary Barlow,
Kiki Dee,

and none other than Freddie Krueger himself Robert Englund.

Mama Cass from the Mamas and the Papas and Keith Moon from The Who died 4 years apart from each other.
Both were 32 when they died.
They both died in the same apartment in Mayfair which was owned by Harry Nillson

Mama Cass from the Mamas and the Papas and Keith Moon from The Who died 4 years apart from each other.
Both were 32 when they died.
They both died in the same apartment in Mayfair which was owned by Harry Nillson
So you're saying Harry Nilsson is a double murderer?

Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood share a writing credit for Radiohead's Creep, which was slightly nicked off the Hollies' hit The Air That I Breathe

if you play Bowie's Life On Mars right to the very end you can hear an old-fashioned landline phone ringing

Lindisfarne's Ray Jackson played the mandolin outro on Rod Stewart's Maggie May

Not really a surprising musical fact but I am a sometime percussionist (Hence my name on here) and occasional singer. My last time playing in Ireland before I left for the US permanently in 1989 was in a bar in my hometown in West Cork with a pretty good lineup. As two of them are sadly deceased now, it will never happen again.

Bass - Noel Redding of the original Jimi Hendrix Experience. (Settled in my hometown back in 1977 and never left.)
Drums - Mitch Mitchell - ditto; he was visiting Noel at the time. Only time I ever met him.
Guitar - Tom McGuinness - Manfred Mann and McGuinness Flint. (Has relatives in the area.)
A couple of very good local musicians and singers.
And lil' old me - without a fucking camera.

A hell of a going away gig it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.