Post a Surprising Musical Fact.

The Boys Are Back in Town song by Thin Lizzy is thought to have been written about a bunch of criminals who used to drink it the Clifton Grange Hotel in Whalley Range,
Phil Lynotts mum used to help run the place & Phil used to drink in there sometimes, two members of the gang were nicknamed Jimmy the Weed & Johnny the Fox.

The Boys Are Back in Town song by Thin Lizzy is thought to have been written about a bunch of criminals who used to drink it the Clifton Grange Hotel in Whalley Range,
Phil Lynotts mum used to help run the place & Phil used to drink in there sometimes, two members of the gang were nicknamed Jimmy the Weed & Johnny the Fox.
My brother was part of it. Johnny D used to take me to school in his Jag when I was a kid. I grew up with Ant D, their nephew, we were in the same class for years. Jimmy took me to my first Lizzy gig and invited me to meet the band at his pub, The Kensington in town...I declined, kicking myself to this day. Coincidently, it was Darren Wharton's first gig with the band and i sat next to his and Phil's mum who I'd been introduced to when we arrived. Lovely lady was Phyllis.

My brother was part of it. Johnny D used to take me to school in his Jag when I was a kid. I grew up with Ant D, their nephew, we were in the same class for years. Jimmy took me to my first Lizzy gig and invited me to meet the band at his pub, The Kensington in town...I declined, kicking myself to this day. Coincidently, it was Darren Wharton's first gig with the band and i sat next to his and Phil's mum who I'd been introduced to when we arrived. Lovely lady was Phyllis.
One of lifes big regrets I should imagine? mind you it could have turned you into a right piss head!

One of lifes big regrets I should imagine? mind you it could have turned you into a right piss head!
I was about fifteen and had no money so I felt like a ponce if I'd have gone..I felt out of my depth to be honest...But as young guitarist who had meticulously learned all their songs and solo's a bit of me does wonder if I could have put a marker down to replace Snowy White, the guitarist at the time who I didn't think fitted the band...Hey ho, I'll never know.. Darren was only seventeen after all and I think so was Robbo when he got the job...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.