Post Match: City vs Barca

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
HellasLEAF said:
And I want to add that the selections of Fernando and Dzeko were poor.

Dzeko doesn't belong on the pitch against teams like Barca. He isn't up for it and never will be.

You can't have a give away machine like Dzeko on the pitch because giving away the ball to Barca or having advancing moves scuttled by his foolishness is suicide.

I thought Dzeko was one of our better players especially first half. Aguero was worse than him first half. Only got going second and when he did get going, we started playing.

I wonder if some people even watched the game or just came to slag players off, Dzeko was one of our best players tonight.

stan bowles said:
The penalty save made the score seriously flattering for us. We were so much second best in the first half. What happened to the fighting talk before the game ? Looked like a cast iron copy of last year's tie just standing off them, no pressure on them, watching them move the ball about almost at will. Several players not willing to put the necessary work in to make it difficult for them at all. Fair enough, we came out with more urgency and passion at the start of the second and got a good goal from Aguero but defensively another horror show, Kompany has forgotten how to tackle without fouling and Zabba looks a yard slower than last year. There's some hope going back to the Camp Nou at 1-2 but just can't see us keeping them from scoring. Should never have started 2 up top and Pellegrini should have changed it after 20 minutes to reinforce the midfield.
We needed the first goal.

I'm not sure why Kompany is getting criticism. I thought he was just unlucky for their opener.

We played well in the 2nd half, and looked likelier to score than they did until the sending off. I was thinking just before that that we've got a real chance here. Once again we don't get the breaks we need in these competitions to beat the better teams.

Give credit to Pellegrini and City for having a go at Barcelona. There's only City and Arsenal of the English clubs who would do that. And in the long term it benefits you from playing that way

The only worry for me was when hart was being interviewed after the game,he said after the biter scored we panicked and lost our shape,surely (and I'm not knocking the players) but we have won the league twice with this team as well as two cups and a few outstanding results in Europe,so surely going a goal down how are we panicking,is it a mentality thing...

IWasHere said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
IWasHere said:
Bonys been shit since he's come and no way we'll go 2 up front, him and Serg. Won't be surprised though knowing that dick in charge.
He's been at City 2 minutes you helmet

Done fuck all since he's come, got carried away today as well, comes on and his first tough he tries to do a fancy flick near the corner flag, also got a bit selfish when fernandinho was about to shoot but he shot instead and hurt himself doing so. Oh and missed a 1 on 1 against Newcastle. Don't mind the guy I like him but he's done fuck all so far. Hardly gets on the ball as well, makes one pass and you won't see him for another good 10 minutes.

Actually that flick led to our goal

IWasHere said:
Manchester_lalala said:
IWasHere said:
Done fuck all since he's come, got carried away today as well, comes on and his first tough he tries to do a fancy flick near the corner flag, also got a bit selfish when fernandinho was about to shoot but he shot instead and hurt himself doing so. Oh and missed a 1 on 1 against Newcastle. Don't mind the guy I like him but he's done fuck all so far. Hardly gets on the ball as well, makes one pass and you won't see him for another good 10 minutes.

This post requires a gif, maybe the one where the bloke is in a meeting and jumps out the window.

Your an idiot.

Please explain.

I'm guessing he's calling anyone reaching a conclusion after just 2 cameo appearances, an idiot. That was my interpretation. Clear?

chaddblue said:
IWasHere said:
Latics Fan SJK said:

No it didn't. They won the ball.

------------Hart
Zaba---VK---Mangala--Sagna
-------Dinho-----Nando
Nasri--------Yaya--------Silva
-------------Aguerooooooooooooo

Can get the job done at the Nou Camp. Wouldnt be surprised to see 44 fucking 2 again tho. Possibly Milner instead of Fernando....

bitsmith said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
HellasLEAF said:
And I want to add that the selections of Fernando and Dzeko were poor.

Dzeko doesn't belong on the pitch against teams like Barca. He isn't up for it and never will be.

You can't have a give away machine like Dzeko on the pitch because giving away the ball to Barca or having advancing moves scuttled by his foolishness is suicide.

I thought Dzeko was one of our better players especially first half. Aguero was worse than him first half. Only got going second and when he did get going, we started playing.

Dzeko was our best player on the pitch in first half, Hart excluded. Never hid himself, won pretty much each ball Hart sent to him, was single one who looked like he didn't shit him self from the minute one. Should have never been subbed. Big miss on that header though.

People who single him out in this kind of team performance are idiots.
Thank f#*k for that, I thought I was the only one who thought Edin was one of our best performers tonight but like you say his missed header( on target though) could prove pivotal

FFS Pellers, what is he playing at? When I seen that line up, my heart sank. Does he ever learn? (Too stubborn for his own good, and predictable) I don't mean to sound too melodramatic but he is not the man to take us forward in my opinion. 90% of City fans and most pundits can plainly see you DO NOT play 4-4-2 against possession powerhouses such as Barca and Bayern yet he still persists. We got murdered in the 1st half and surely a change had to be made and swallow your pride but he wont do that because it will make a mockery of his initial tactics. I know we was away from home against Roma when playing the 5 across midfield, but I feel there is more balance and fluidity against the bigger teams and we can attack and defend in sync and still look more dangerous compared to playing 2 up top (Too much space between attack and midfield, when playing this way which other teams can exploit and keep hold of possession). Annoyed and frustrated as I think we could have got the right result with the correct system. At least we have a slight glimmer of hope.

chaddblue said:
IWasHere said:
Latics Fan SJK said:

You talking about that flick provided by Silva? Maybe if Bony tried it near the corner flag and didn't get intercepted it could've lead to a goal as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.