Post Match: City vs Barca

Same old story - started brightly, pressed them a bit, they get a lucky goal tbf, we panic and stop pressing, they dominate the rest of the half, shit defending and it's 2-0

Good-ish 2nd half, better header from Edin & it's game on, great goal from Aguero and fortunate that Messi misses his rebound.

Hart 8
Zabaleta 6 - good n bad
Clichy 6 (2 silly fouls, though not worth 2 yellows)
Kompany 5 - Trying too hard now, needs to go back to basics
Demichelis 7
Milner 5 - Over-ran
Fernando - 4 - Simply one dimensional and only useful in a backs to the wall match
Silva 8 - set up for Serge was incredible
Nasri - 6
Dzeko 7 - needs to finish more
Aguero 8 - world class

Sagna 6
Bony 5 - Give him time
Ferna - should have started ahead of the Platypus

We can do it at their place though think we'll get a respectable draw and go out

IWasHere said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
IWasHere said:
Bonys been shit since he's come and no way we'll go 2 up front, him and Serg. Won't be surprised though knowing that dick in charge.
He's been at City 2 minutes you helmet

Done fuck all since he's come, got carried away today as well, comes on and his first tough he tries to do a fancy flick near the corner flag, also got a bit selfish when fernandinho was about to shoot but he shot instead and hurt himself doing so. Oh and missed a 1 on 1 against Newcastle. Don't mind the guy I like him but he's done fuck all so far. Hardly gets on the ball as well, makes one pass and you won't see him for another good 10 minutes.

Oi!!!

You're in very real danger of taking my title of "undercover rag".. And mine was hard earned (and total bollocks too but that's a conversation for another thread)

jimmygrimblesboots said:
IWasHere said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
He's been at City 2 minutes you helmet

Done fuck all since he's come, got carried away today as well, comes on and his first tough he tries to do a fancy flick near the corner flag, also got a bit selfish when fernandinho was about to shoot but he shot instead and hurt himself doing so. Oh and missed a 1 on 1 against Newcastle. Don't mind the guy I like him but he's done fuck all so far. Hardly gets on the ball as well, makes one pass and you won't see him for another good 10 minutes.

Bony played 30 minutes , in a game we were winning 5-0 , the team had switched off , it was a chance to integrate bony into the team , and he has just completed 20 minutes against a top 3 european side , grow up.

Wouldn't say the team 'switched' off, plus that doesn't give him the right to miss a one on one, we paid a good 30 mil for him, should expect him to be finishing them chances.

My argument is that he's not done anything, not saying he's shit useless waste of money or anything, just stating the obvious.

IWasHere said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
IWasHere said:

Bony played 30 minutes , in a game we were winning 5-0 , the team had switched off , it was a chance to integrate bony into the team , and he has just completed 20 minutes against a top 3 european side , grow up.

Wouldn't say the team 'switched' off, plus that doesn't give him the right to miss an open net, we paid a good 30 mil for him, should expect him to be finishing them chances.

My argument is that he's not done anything, not saying he's shit useless waste of money or anything, just stating the obvious.

When did he miss an open net?

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
IWasHere said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

Wouldn't say the team 'switched' off, plus that doesn't give him the right to miss an open net, we paid a good 30 mil for him, should expect him to be finishing them chances.

He didn't

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
IWasHere said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

One on One, my bad

Firstly if we want to really play the Barca way, then we need footballing defenders.. Currently we have an assortment of popular, but technically limited players, all of them capable of needless lunges and ridiculous yellow cards.

We also need to pass the ball with speed and always with full confidence that it's going to be controlled. We need to keep our defensive shape and stop making silly individual errors.

When things are going wrong we need players who lead by example. Silva in particular goes into his shell and starts to play within himself, particularly in the big european games.

We also need more technical intelligence. Even out best player Aguero often tries too hard rather than waiting for the right opportunity.

Meanwhile it's mid February and our Manager is still rotating three or four players every game.

chaddblue said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
Matt the Giant said:
Can someone who knows more about tactics than I do, please explain to me how it would makes sense to sub our only two creative players when we are desperate for a goal?

Nasri did nothing and silva was the obvious choice as soon as clichy went!

To me the obvious thing to do was take off a striker and leave Silva on. What was the point having two strikers on the pitch and nobody in midfield likely to create a chance for them?

This. It was another in series of Pellegrini's mental decisions tonight. Line up,, Dzeko's sub with Bony and than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.