Post match | South China v City

Lescott looks good but is ball control needs to improve and with self belief he can do great.

Saw a bit of Mancini's team today. Didn't press much, sat back and kept the ball, not doing much with it for long periods. The pitch didn't help.

Without Silva, Jovetic, Navas and Kun, we're missing a lot of creativity and movement. I think we'd have put up a big score with them.

Milner MOTM and Negredo looked great.

I really worry about the likes of Lescott and Kolarov against top class quick forwards.....in my opinion we still need a couple of really quick defenders before the transfer window shuts.

Caveman said:
MCFC BOB said:
Had to turn that off. Not a believer in the whole Agenda thing as everyone knows but fuck me, Sky are so stupid. It's a friendly.
I've stopped calling them friendlies, they're training matches.

+1

the game was played at 40% I think...apart from Milner who knows nothing else but 100%...the pitch played its part

Didn't see any difference in our play. Slow build up, sideways passing same as last season.
Early days thou. Milner was good. Game it self was pretty poor.

I thought we looked good in the first half, while retaining some of our problems from last season - too much negative passing, random drops in tempo, fear of shooting, difficulty to turn overwhelming possession into clear cut chances. But some good link-up play and performances.

Second half was really poor and the game as a whole had a 'latter Mancini era' feel all over it, showing that Pellegrini is still in the early stages of implementing his style and ideology. The sluggish tempo with players practically walking around and inviting a team that should have been soundly beaten by that point into having a chance to get something from the game.

Still early days though without some of our key players and new signings. Negredo was really good in his cameo, showing the hunger, workrate, and strength we have been lacking from Dzeko up front a lot. Milner was fantastic and played the game as if it was a cup final. Only player who was really poor was, as usual, Kolarov after he came on.

Sky ripping into us here. It was a good runout, we won, and yeah the pace dropped in the second half but that's down to tiredness. Still can't properly judge yet until all our players have got a run about, but good to see Negredo get out there, that pass for Dzeko was sublime.

Milner pointed out that we they have been working on the defensive aspect of the game. That along with the fact that some of our most dangerous attackers are yet to feature. Aguero, Jovetic, Silva, Navas....just Wow. Looking very positive for the upcoming season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.