Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

Only because of Joe, we didn't get absolutely battered.
We were lucky to only conceded 1.

Looks like the players have already given up on the whole season.
Here comes the fight for 4th.....

I never thought we were good enough to be Barca tonight. However, it doesn't help when you have players who don't turn up. For me both Nasri and Yaya were very poor tonight. Sami seemed to want to pick a fight rather than get on the ball and influence the game. Yaya simply does not have the energy at this level to dictate and influence the game like he does in the PL.

We need better players if we are to improve in the UCL.

Messi was fantastic .
That lad as magic feet .
That lad tore us to shreds .
I don't think Barcelona would as good if they didn't have Messi .
He should be in our shopping list in the summer .

Damien10 said:
Let Toure go, keep Fernandhnio and get two or three more who have the same energy and desire he does. He was superb tonight.

Felt sorry for Fern Tonight. There was a time he was running back to defend the 18yd box, hands in air,
saying please give me a hand lads. He for me would be a lot better given some help and Yaya doesn't
give that. I'm afraid it's all about Yaya, and i think we need team players seeing as it's a team game.

Barca were the better side, they work so fucking hard to make the game look easy.
That's what lets us down, our work rate without the ball, the aformentioned being criminal.

But i hoped and it wasn't enough, ah well it was always going to be so very difficult.
Watch out WBA, I HOPE ;-)

What a mixed up performance that was!

Joe Hart: world class!

Yaya: pretty dire

Team performance: mostly disappointing, but....but....we still created some reasonable chances, and although Barca could have had 6, we could have had 3 or 4. But it's so frustrating to see us give the ball away so cheaply again and again, repeatedly wait for the ball to come to feet rather than moving towards it (and of course lose it), and watch our defence pulled in all directions when I know we can play a brilliant flat back 4.

And Sergio's penalty....well, suffice to say, I woke our kids up who were asleep in their bedrooms on the other side of the house!

mancitymark said:
shallyman said:
Only player who had Barca back-peddling was Yaya. Game was over as soon as he was taken off.

This wins the most ridiculous post of the evening ..

He should never wear our fucking shirt again

No, that is the most ridiculous post of the evening.

Marvin said:
Salfordian Blue said:
I'll repost what I wrote on Facebook, because originality is hard work:

A defeat is always painful, but it's easier to take when you lose to a better team. On current form, Barcelona are arguably the best club side on the planet. Just look at that forward line... unreal. As such, no complaints.

We played much better than the first leg - not saying much, admittedly - but it was ultimately fruitless against such strong opposition. The missed pen? Annoying, but at least it saved me yelling at the screen for the last ten minutes. It's the hope that kills ya.

PS: I know he's prone to the odd brain fart, but Joe Hart was astounding tonight.
I'd say Bayern are the best

Back to the grind. We knew we weren't going to win that

Huge game for Barca, and they were confident and in a great position whereas we went into it chasing the game, in bad form, short on confidence, manager under pressure

In circumstances we're out of Champions League but I feel like we haven't been humiliated and that's what I was expecting. Managed to reduce expectations so much, actually feeling OK

Back to coping under the old City. The old survival instincts still there
ha ha ha soooo true

the blue panther said:
Hart, Silva and Aguero are the only players in our squad who could get in their squad. Only Hart could get in their 1st eleven.
We need a complete rebuild. Zab and Kompany could recover their old form, but, there's been no real sign of it this season so you have to wonder whether they will just become squad players for us, or be moved on along with the rest of the rubbish we have overpaid for in the last 2 years - including Bony!

And along with the DoF who signed them?

People who are claiming we played better than in the first leg are insane, you have got to be joking. Hart saved us from what should have been a humiliation. An honest result would be 6-1, what the fuck were you watching, they absolutely destroyed us. Result is very very kind to us. Our performance from the first game especially in the second half was miles better.
PS Why did we buy Bony? Why is he playing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.