Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

Let Toure go, keep Fernandhnio and get two or three more who have the same energy and desire he does. He was superb tonight.

Over the two legs Barca displayed how big the gap is between us. They were by far the better team and deserve to go through.

Barcelona played a good match. Controlled and adjusted the pace of the game throughout the match, attacked with coordination and intent and were successful in disecting our unsure defense and should have won by a big margin if it wasn't for Joe Hart.

Aguero had that chance and unfortunately he flopped his lines and that was the end of it. Another point about Aguero is that his Tevez-esque selfishness is getting more and more apparent to others more so because the team is going through a bad spell. He needs to change this. Yaya Toure looks exhausted and needs a break of two games or so. The constant games and all that comes with the AFCON tournament has taken it's toll. Silva was very quiet and did not step up today. Kompany was nothing special but I think people are turning a blind eye to the fact that Dimechelis has passed it. Not good enough anymore and we are drifting towards the damaging position of having a particular glaring problem and turning a blind eye to focus on Kompany. Mangala or even Boyata should be given more opportunities.

It was always going to be difficult after the first game but I think we should take this one on the cheek and be cheeky enough to salvage a bit of pride and I dare say positivity from the scoreline.

Thanks to Joe Hart

FanchesterCity said:
Second best by a country mile.
The scoreline flattered us, and Joe Hart could well have won man of the match.

It would be unfair to say it was a poor City performance, it was 'credible' - but no better than that.
The workrate of foreign teams seems 10-20% above that of ours, stats might prove otherwise, but it certain feels like they are quicker to every 50/50 ball, thus making it a 65/35 ball in their favour.

Can't argue with the fact that we've played two on the three likely winners. Barca are simply better than us right now, and we must accept it.

Nasri was suckered in the niggling. He should know much better. We were lucky to keep all 11 players truth be told.

I don't believe any PL team would have won tonight. Chelsea might have ground out a result on a different night, but that's about as good as it gets.

West Brom puts the fear of God into me though.
We didn't play them in the right moment

As you say, Burnley and WBA worry me let alone Barca

But we know we are playing way below what we are capable of at the moment. It's a confidence game, and we'll be back

Actually i have always said that we stalled since 2011 and tonight just proved my point : without a once in a lifetime performance from Hart, we could have literally been obliterated.
All these wasted years of opportunity to reinforce the core of the squad with world-caliber players instead of deadwood utility ones are finally starting to come and bite us in the arse.
We are guilty for wasting the momentum that we had to emerge as a real european elite powerhouse, instead, the elephant gave birth to a mouse.

Can't say I didn't see it coming we're just not at their level..

luchshie_fotobombi_34.gif

Oh well!! Back on it against West Brom..
Fungif_17.gif

Well done Joe Hart.

Messi was outstanding - cant blame any city players for not being able to contain him.

2nd half performance was the performance i wouldnt mind of seen throughout both legs. What if on aguero's penalty huh?

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.