Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

Great performance from Joe, after a nervous start Sagna did ok along with MDM. Vinny looks totally out of it and Kolarov is just not nearly good enough even when he tries.

Nasri looks like he's discovered pies, totally out of shape both him and the waste of space Yaya need to be dumped asap. Yaya should have been flogged in the summer after taking the piss with the cake, he's never put a shift in all season.

We looked better when Navas came on, it's a shame that Fern-o will be missing on Saturday as he'll be shattered and we'll have to put up with Fern2.

Dave and Kun tried to a degree.

Onwards and upwards.

Barca are really good going forward and we lost this in the first game I'm afraid.

We were saved from embarrassment by Joe Hart tonight. We flattered to deceive most of the time and were still as woeful as we were on Saturday. Our use of the ball was completely inept and the defending was pub standard after a heavy night out in the first half particularly.

Barcelona's incisive, quick passing and movement just served to remind me of what we were like at our most fluent. We just looked like we were going through the motions. Kompany has gone, Sagna brings nothing at all to the team, Toure strolled around and barely broke sweat, Milner ran around a lot and, er, ran around a bit more, Nasri was a disgrace and Aguero has done a Negredo and clearly been replaced by an alien who's taken his body shape. Besides Hart, only Fernandinho and Silva come out of tonight with any sort of credit.

Tony Pulis must have been grinning like a Cheshire cat watching that.

Weird game tonight. It could have easily been 6 or 7 for Barca or we could have somehow sneaked a couple and at least took it to extra time. First half we ended up chasing shadows and that was partly to do with the unplayable Messi and some comical defending. Second half we shown some proud but Barca took the foot off the pedal and Joe Hart still had to produce 5 or 6 saves.
The pundits mentioned it and its plainly obvious for me. Major surgery is needed, 2 or 3 young energetic players need to come into the fold and a world class signing to lift the club.. Toure has been immense for us but major decisions need to be made and I wouldn't lose sleep to lose him despite what he has done, Nasri I have never warmed to, he just has this petulant nature about his game and has had no consistency. I think Kolarov and Dzeko's days are numbered as well. Dzeko is another player I will always be grateful for but I think a move would be beneficial to City and himself. Jovetic I would love to keep but his morale must be rock bottom and wouldn't blame him in wanting out.
Could be a rocky time for us unless we can get some momentum and get a smooth transition in re-moulding our squad. The way we have exited both domestic cups has put a dampener on the season for me, a good FA Cup run could have glossed over some of our failings. (albeit could be a blessing in disguise to change things)

Nasri should be fined for that performance. After everything that was said about the importance of keeping 11 players on the pitch, and he goes and kicks out like that. Should have been sent off for that.

well i'm happy now that this is out of the way and we need to focus only on the league..i just hope that players will not let this night ruin the rest of the season maybe chelsea will win it but at least make it hard for them and push them to the limit and btw 4-5-1 should be our formations when we play in Europe!!!

totallywired said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Fef was shit but fare play to the proped blues sagna, kolarov, vinny demi, dininho silva, sergio the rest can fuck off fucking mercenaries! Twats don't deserve to play for city!
Milner a mercenary!!

Looking that way and nowhere near good enough!

totallywired said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Fef was shit but fare play to the proped blues sagna, kolarov, vinny demi, dininho silva, sergio the rest can fuck off fucking mercenaries! Twats don't deserve to play for city!
Milner a mercenary!!

Looking that way and nowhere near good enough!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.