Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

We need players like Reus, Sterling who have pace and trickery to overcome defenders, score goals, create chances. Nasri and Silva are too similar and Silva is better of course, this means Nasri should sit on the bench. Then we have Milner who adds nothing on a wing and Navas who only can cross. We need a wide player who offensively is a complete product. Pace, trickery, pass, shoot.

Prestwich_Blue said:
We were saved from embarrassment by Joe Hart tonight. We flattered to deceive most of the time and were still as woeful as we were on Saturday. Our use of the ball was completely inept and the defending was pub standard after a heavy night out in the first half particularly.

Barcelona's incisive, quick passing and movement just served to remind me of what we were like at our most fluent. We just looked like we were going through the motions. Kompany has gone, Sagna brings nothing at all to the team, Toure strolled around and barely broke sweat, Milner ran around a lot and, er, ran around a bit more, Nasri was a disgrace and Aguero has done a Negredo and clearly been replaced by an alien who's taken his body shape. Besides Hart, only Fernandinho and Silva come out of tonight with any sort of credit.

Tony Pulis must have been grinning like a Cheshire cat watching that.

That game on Saturday is going to be a real test for use if we lose that we really are in deep trouble.

I would freshen the team up for that game.

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
We need players like Reus, Sterling who have pace and trickery to overcome defenders, score goals, create chances. Nasri and Silva are too similar and Silva is better of course, this means Nasri should sit on the bench. Then we have Milner who adds nothing on a wing and Navas who only can cross. We need a wide player who offensively is a complete product. Pace, trickery, pass, shoot.

Completely agree bit we need a lot more than just a winger

This 3-1 loss in two games doesnt show the half of how weaker we were than them. Even today we had probably a good 25 minutes, but even in that 25 minutes they were able to create more clear cut chances than we in the 180 minutes of the tie. So even our better period was a joke really. Not mentioning the first half today which was complete shit just like at home.

And since Rakitic goal they were 3-1 up and comfortably going trough.
They were not under pressure to score. But we left so much space for them even they were surprised probably.

Worst thing is they gonna go into next round and will sweat more against anyone imo. Even Monaco, Juve or Porto will be able to get at least one draw in two games vs them.

GaudinoMotors said:
A whole gamete of emotions watching that - but ultimately some pride. Wasn't pretty but nowhere near as bad as some make out.

Are you Pellegrini in disguise?

ayia napa blues said:
3rdgenerationblue said:
PRIDE RESTORED.

BRING ON WBA.

Can you ease explain how the pride is restored out of interest 5-0 wouldn't have been a harsh score
Little to night fight billions spent on also rand
No direction average ability

we lost 1-0 to the best team in the world and missed a pen.

I suppose your one of those who thinks we could have lost 10-0.
well, if the dog hadn't stopped for a shit he would have caught the rabbit.

we lost by a single goal and played ok.

don't fucking moan to me because I have pride in my club as it beats the fuck out of playing fucking bristol rovers.
I'll be there Saturday with some renewed belief.
Will you?

Avoided the dreaded hammering. Played ok in parts, if only Kun took his chance.....

Onwards and upwards. A win on Saturday is a must. Otherwise I fear Manuel may get his P45.

4-5-1 and still we could've been thrashed 5 or 6 if it wasn't for Joe Hart. You see. It does not matter what formation if some players don't perform. Pellegrini can set up whatever he wants, he relies on his players. Especially the big guns. Yaya reminded me why he is a liability in Europe. And Aguero should've scored the penalty that might have given us a sneaky and totally undeserved win. He didn't and therefore we go out pretty anonymous with hardly a lesson learned since last year. Now we need to finish on top 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.