Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

Blue Maverick said:
Can anyone tell me with 5 mins to go we put Lampard on why not just throw Dzeko up front 3 at the back what did we have to lose, and on that why have we kept Lampard he's never used even when Yaya was in AOCN
That's what's upsetting the nycfc fans keeping him and then not playing him .my own opinion is a few goals have covered up how poor he's been in his time at city

Papering over the cracks

lets not get fooled by last not score and yes joe hart was magic but that's say its all and we could and should be sitting here is morning with egg on our face and taking home a thumping

if the score was 6 or 7 last night you could not hide the fact Manchester city was a shambles and we have got to start dropping players yaya silva aguero nasri kompany should be not first name on the team sheet because of you name

start to drop them nobody is bigger than the club it was a joke watching yaya last night even the ref was running past yaya last night time up yaya

please don't bin this post or but it in the match day lets have it right its could have been 6 or 7 and shocking thing is most of the talk is about joe hart and how well he played please don't paper over the cracks THE MANAGER IS A JOKE and most go

mrtwiceaseason said:
Blue Maverick said:
Can anyone tell me with 5 mins to go we put Lampard on why not just throw Dzeko up front 3 at the back what did we have to lose, and on that why have we kept Lampard he's never used even when Yaya was in AOCN
That's what's upsetting the nycfc fans keeping him and then not playing him .my own opinion is a few goals have covered up how poor he's been in his time at city

Am beginning to think it must be in his contract to have 5 mins every game. No logical reason for him to come on last night and no footballing reasons for him to get any game time whatsoever

mrtwiceaseason said:
Blue Maverick said:

We only kept him because the Premier League rules say you can't sign a player for less than 1 year. So because it wasn't a loan, and we signed him outright, We couldn't let him go after 6 months, that seems to be the only reason he is still here. I agree with you on the goals front - he was very useful as an impact sub early on, but he seems to have tired and every time he's played more than 25 minutes he's been shockingly bad, but it's been largely overlooked.

Re: Papering over the cracks

I do not mind these type of ranting posts but I wish they would say who we should get instead of just typing in bold letters to let us know they are shouting that the manager should go.

The manager is not a joke. This season has not panned out as hoped for a multitude of reasons not just the manager.

mayo31 said:
I do not mind these type of ranting posts but I wish they would say who we should get instead of just typing in bold letters to let us know they are shouting that the manager should go.

The manager is not a joke. This season has not panned out as hoped for a multitude of reasons not just the manager.

the manager is the one who puts the team sheets in and the buck stop there in my book

the players can let him down but that's his job to sort out and bench players who are coasting like yaya and the rest. they know they play each week if fit that's wrong. also games that a couple of youth player could come in even if on the bench but nope nothing that's the manager choice
am saying get rid of the manager and i don't care what he won with mancini built team last season

the job is for a hungry young manager with balls to stand up to the old guard and drop them to the bench and play with youth players if they are ready

Jürgen Klopp Diego Simeone

ancoats said:
mayo31 said:

the manager is the one who puts the team sheets in and the buck stop there in my book

the players can let him down but that's his job to sort out and bench players who are coasting like yaya and the rest. they know they play each week if fit that's wrong. also games that a couple of youth player could come in even if on the bench but nope nothing that's the manager choice
am saying get rid of the manager and i don't care what he won with mancini built team last season

the job is for a hungry young manager with balls to stand up to the old guard and drop them to the bench and play with youth players if they are ready

Jürgen Klopp Diego Simeone

Never heard of him but he sounds like a hell of a manager.

ancoats said:
lets not get fooled by last not score and yes joe hart was magic but that's say its all and we could and should be sitting here is morning with egg on our face and taking home a thumping

if the score was 6 or 7 last night you could not hide the fact Manchester city was a shambles and we have got to start dropping players yaya silva aguero nasri kompany should be not first name on the team sheet because of you name

start to drop them nobody is bigger than the club it was a joke watching yaya last night even the ref was running past yaya last night time up yaya

please don't bin this post or but it in the match day lets have it right its could have been 6 or 7 and shocking thing is most of the talk is about joe hart and how well he played please don't paper over the cracks THE MANAGER IS A JOKE and most go

FFS OP, you title your thread wrong, it should have been titled "Pellers Out", but we already have enough of them

It's not all to do with Pellers. If you cannot accept that, then you will continue to struggle as any new manager will have the same issues as Pellers has faced.

It was Barca with a fit Messi...
And City with many players that are not at their best form at the moment.
1-0 is not bad at all

Even Guardiola was amazed at Messi's nutmeg on James Milner:
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/Emenderk/status/578291325142990850/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/Emenderk/status/578 ... 50/photo/1</a>

Mr HJ said:
Hats off to Barca for an unbelievable spell in the first half. No doubting their quality, from fullback to striker they are comfortable with the ball in tight spaces all over the field. Is that pure confidence? Remember last year they too had a blip. The difference was that they still had a system with pegs that fit in the right holes but above all else a desire to work as a team. As I struggle to think some of our players seem suddenly unable to do the basics I shudder at the thought too many were not putting in the desired effort. That is unforgivable. Problem for me when assessing where we are right now is we have not built a balanced team so it is hard to really delve into some individual performances. In the near past we have relied heavily on one of two (Yaya and Silva in particular) to win us games, now as they are closed down we are looking to others to step up. Last night amplified how poor some of our team are with the ball at their feet. Kolarov and Sagna constantly gave up possession and what is hard for me to take is them jogging back. Compare that to Barca who, having lost the ball hound the opposition creating mistakes. Then we look at Vinny who for some reason seems to panic and often just punts the ball forward. Midfield last night was a shambles - all those clamouring for five in the middle saw why it doesn't make a lot of difference. Jimmy is workmanlike but constantly lost possession and failed to deliver a final pass. The only saving grace for Milner is he never stops trying and that can allow us to forgive some of his misgivings. Nasri and Toure last night were totally ineffective and I hate to say that both should have been moved on by now. Yaya has been excellent for four years but now I really think he thinks only of Yaya. Nasri whilst undoubtedly talented is one of those who will one day look back and wonder why he didn't try just a bit more. Fernandino has been treated shabbily since Fernando arrived and I thought he did ok. He is a good guy who plays better with a smile on his face - telling that in recent weeks we haven't seen that smile. In and out of the side doesn't help him at all. Silva and even Navas showed last night why they would fit into a side at a higher level. Silva because of his quality and Navas because of his pace. Believe me if Navas played for Barca we would be thinking why don't we have a player like that. Ok his crosses often are poor but before we condemn him think of the movement of the front players at Barca that would make the difference. We are too static and often only Sergio is making a late run. Sergio is a key player for us and I am unhappy, as a fan, that he looks frustrated. If he wants out that sends a terrible message unless you can swap him for a Messi!
Talking of which Messi last night was unplayable and what a joy to watch. It seems to beat Barca you have to work as a unit - We should have done more than just one or two making a token effort to close the opposition down. A spell of 15 mins in the second half where we pressed as a unit showed how to play against them and we looked good. That is what Bayern and Athletico did but for 90 mins. My first action if I was in charge would be to look into the fitness programmes as I think our players are not fit enough. Only players like Silva and Milner look to be fit enough and that is down to natural fitness rather than what we do as a club. Secondly we need an overhaul, and we need to get rid of Kolarov, Sagna, Nasri, Yaya, Dzeko, Milner and Fernando. Then structure a team with a real plan in place rather than accommodate players in positions. Start with Silva and Sergio then work backwards.
Finally I am despondent because we as a club seem to have no support on a national level and it is up to the owner to make decisions that we as fans can really get behind. In other words we need a siege mentality. We have enjoyed the best four years give or take and we must never forget that but now the business model of signing players to 4/5 year contracts has backfired - some are now too complacent with there is a lack of desire evident - just look at our captain he was like a rabbit in the headlights, do you think he would have been like that just one year ago? I don't, he seems to have lost a spark. However, we shouldn't give up on him as I think if he went to another club he would return to his best. Sorry for the long post - just a few thoughts from a worried blue!

Well done sir, a brilliant read and I can't disagree with any of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.