Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

fablue said:
It was Barca with a fit Messi...
And City with many players that are not at their best form at the moment.
1-0 is not bad at all

Even Guardiola was amazed at Messi's nutmeg on James Milner:
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/Emenderk/status/578291325142990850/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/Emenderk/status/578 ... 50/photo/1</a>

Neymar and Messi were nutmeging all night. it was tough to watch.

Shit shot but that penalty should be repeated, 2 Barca players (upper left) were in the box 5 steps before Aguero made a shot and one of them was first on ball to kick it out to corner

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7oWLTX1Yng[/video]

Is it ever acceptable to applaud an opponent?

fablue said:
It was Barca with a fit Messi...
And City with many players that are not at their best form at the moment.
1-0 is not bad at all

Even Guardiola was amazed at Messi's nutmeg on James Milner:
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/Emenderk/status/578291325142990850/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/Emenderk/status/578 ... 50/photo/1</a>

Had this conversation with a mate last night and it took me back to Adrian Durham on Talksh*te saying you should never do it.

Made it the subject of my latest blog as I can only remember doing it twice
<a class="postlink" href="http://test.wookieslair.com/wp/?p=59" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://test.wookieslair.com/wp/?p=59</a>

Once for Henry in 2003 and Zola in 2002 that same season

I probably would have done for Messi last night if I was there and he'd been substituted as that last 20 minutes of the 1st half he was unplayable.

Just wondering if any of you had done it and who for?

disappointed with the result - but in some ways you had to just take your hat off and watch marvel at some of the Barca movement and breaks - That little fella Messi - the big boss man should do whatever it takes to get him here - Love to see him in a blue shirt - make it happen boss kidnap his family or dig some dirt

bitsmith said:
Shit shot but that penalty should be repeated, 2 Barca players (upper left) were in the box 5 steps before Aguero made a shot and one of them was first on ball to kick it out to corner

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7oWLTX1Yng[/video]

Good spot. Not that it makes me feel any better; quite the opposite.

the god Gerry Gow said:
Am beginning to think it must be in his contract to have 5 mins every game. No logical reason for him to come on last night and no footballing reasons for him to get any game time whatsoever

A bit like Beckham in an England shirt !

de niro said:
quiet_riot said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Neville made much of how the game was even for 20-25 mins, and then 'Barca kicked up a gear' - bearing in mind that the ref had booked half our team by then, I think that had a major effect, everyone knew that if they dared tackle Barca, they would be booked.

On the money.

That was particularly visible on their goal when Kolarov restrained on touching Messi. But to be honest, he deserved his booking so no complains here.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Just read the 'ailing' Torygraph match report. Henry is drooling over the magician that is Messi, and how second-best we were last night. I could have sworn we were playing the 'best team in the world', at their place, and they scored a single, solitary goal. And we missed a pen. Any other player on the pitch would have buried that pen. Had Sergioooooooooooooo re-spotted it, he would have buried it too. Not too bad to go to Barcelona and only lose 1-0. Pity about the home leg!

Just thought I'd show a little defiance!

i think the point is the game itself rather then the result. If you look at the result in isolation and hadn't watched the game, no one would say you got completely outplayed. We drew 2-2 with barca at emirates a few seasons ago, and you could say the same thing if you hadn't watched the game. Hmm 2-2 against the best team in the world, we didn't do too bad. We drew with them. The reality is that we got absouloutly torn to shreds like id never seen before. I was absolutely stunned at what they were doing to us, i mean we are a pretty good passing and possession retaining team ourselves. No matter who we've come up against, the gulf in class hasn't ever appeared massive regardless of the actual result. But this was different, the first time I've ever been in awe of another team, it was just unbelievable the way they tore us apart.

I'm not saying barca played anywhere near as good as that against you (that barca team of a few years ago was probably the best team in history of club football, at least in fairly modern times). BUT, despite the scroreline being close and you missing a pen, the reality is they were MUCH better then you (which is nothing to be ashamed of btw)

afc16 said:
Just read the 'ailing' Torygraph match report. Henry is drooling over the magician that is Messi, and how second-best we were last night. I could have sworn we were playing the 'best team in the world', at their place, and they scored a single, solitary goal. And we missed a pen. Any other player on the pitch would have buried that pen. Had Sergioooooooooooooo re-spotted it, he would have buried it too. Not too bad to go to Barcelona and only lose 1-0. Pity about the home leg!

i think the point is the game itself rather then the result. If you look at the result in isolation and hadn't watched the game, no one would say you got completely outplayed. We drew 2-2 with barca at emirates a few seasons ago, and you could say the same thing if you hadn't watched the game. Hmm 2-2 against the best team in the world, we didn't do too bad. We drew with them. The reality is that we got absouloutly torn to shreds like id never seen before. I was absolutely stunned at what they were doing to us, i mean we are a pretty good passing and possession retaining team ourselves. No matter who we've come up against, the gulf in class hasn't ever appeared massive regardless of the actual result. But this was different, the first time I've ever been in awe of another team, it was just unbelievable the way they tore us apart.

I'm not saying barca played anywhere near as good as that against you (that barca team of a few years ago was probably the best team in history of club football, at least in fairly modern times). BUT, despite the scroreline being close and you missing a pen, the reality is they were MUCH better then you (which is nothing to be ashamed of btw)

Very true, but when the final whistle blows it's only the goals which are counted! Games are won when teams play badly, and in the knockout stages of the CL there is no coming back from a reverse!

afc16 said:

Interested as to why a Tarquin would be stalking us just now ???? Thanks for the sagacity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.