Post Match Thread: City 2-0 Watford

Another classy win. Can't expect to beat every team within 45 minutes, but we turned on the style in the second half.
Bacary Sagna, with the new haircut, was mighty again. Defensively sound, blocked one of their few attempts and his cross to Raheem was perfect.
Sterling really deserves that first goal. At one point, I could only yell SPEED as he breezed past their back line. What a player.
Fernandinho back to his best. Committed challenges high up the pitch, winning the ball back so many times. He was justly rewarded with another cracking goal.
Congratulations everyone on the new club record. Can't wait for the next one.

And me, although Fernandinho pushed him close. So many players look completely galvanised from last season, it's glorious. That was a great win today against a horrible set of cunts. Anyone else catch that bastard right back kick Sterling when Wiggy was looking the other way?

The way they played wasn't football for me. Loads of stopping play by fouling by different players.

In fact I can't see them scoring many goals at all and while they may sneak a few 0-0 and get the odd win, I would be surprised if they aren't in the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

The way they played wasn't football for me. Loads of stopping play by fouling by different players.

In fact I can't see them scoring many goals at all and while they may sneak a few 0-0 and get the odd win, I would be surprised if they aren't in the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

There was lots of sly stuff going on, ankle taps, treading on heels, that sort of shit. Scoring goals looks an obvious problem for them, but some of their general play was quite neat, on the odd occasions when they weren't kicking our players. Based on that showing I hope they go straight back down, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed up. Athletic and prepared to scrap for sure

There was lots of sly stuff going on, ankle taps, treading on heels, that sort of shit. Scoring goals looks an obvious problem for them, but some of their general play was quite neat, on the odd occasions when they weren't kicking our players. Based on that showing I hope they go straight back down, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed up. Athletic and prepared to scrap for sure

Quite neat and defensively fairly good but zero attacking threat even when 2-0 down.

Key changes from last season:
1. Shape and formation, assisted particularly by the acquisition of Sterling.
2. Flexibility - lots of options and Pellers more flexible too.
3. Eleven plus pairs of bollocks.

I'm surprised, for such a mass of new bodies, that they defended so solidly. Need to add some attacking aspiration, but they could do enough to stay up.

We weren't at our best but comfortably dismissed, if Dave and Kun had been on fire they'd be going down the M6 with 7-0 against their name.

I don't think Silva is good enough. The Chelsea guy is a lot better, De Bruyne will be a world beater when he signs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.