Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm losing interest to be honest. I believe we have a better team than Juve but they were smarter than us tonight. This group of players has a mental block that I don't think we'll ever get over & the fans have stopped believing in them now in Champions League games.

Let's face it we've had worse days as City fans – but I couldn't lose interest.
I do agree about the mental block though! For all of Vinnie's stirring words in yesterday's press conference tonight the players showed the same lack of belief the have every year in Europe, and I can't for the life of me see why! Juve weren't great tonight - but neither were we... I don't think Juve could believe how bad we were! They've not won a game all season, we've not lost one... maybe we need to get a sports psychologist in or something, but the lads need to shake off this european inferiority complex quick!

Pellers first mistake of the season, selection was poor, silva not fit and Sergio should never of been in the squad. I want to win more to shut up the slaggers off of us in this competition, I wan to win to prove we can but it honestly means fuck all to me, it's the rags holy grail not ours.
Hate losing full stop, but kind of feels like we didn't give it our best and that started with the selection. We're tearing teams apart and have strengthened but still don't have the bottle to select our best side, Nasri is a shadow of his former self and should not be selected unless we have no option, to be picked for this fixture ahead of navas and kdb is beyond my comprehension.

We didn't play particularly well, but in saying that, we could've walked away with 3 points tonight. Sterling had two chances, and Silva and Bony one apiece. All of those chances were more than get able.

Just dont know what to say really, what a dissapointing night. No idea why de bruyne didnt start, nasri has been decent this but not as a goddam winger.

And 27 million for bony pmsl

The game was poorly managed by the Pellegrini .
His changes caused unnecessary problems and left our defenders expose.

Bony needs to go; he's not CL quality striker and i have no idea why people on this forum keep defending him. He's NOT what we are looking for.
He belongs on a mid-table team. I like Nasri but he tends to slow our play down.

Hope we get over this one fast. We can still win the Group.

Nail on the head......
I expected a tight game against Juve and that's what it was. We were never gonna rip them a new one and anyone expecting that is living in cuckoo land. They pressed and closed well when we had the ball and defended deep and in numbers, making it difficult to get behind.We did enough to win the game in my opinion but did not put away our chances when they came. They did. That's football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.