Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played all our football in front on them and they eagerly obliged by putting 2 banks of 4 in front of our players......naive in the extreme...yet again

Juventus....pass masters at making fouls not look like fouls....the......whole...... game

We are 10 years away from having any chance of ever winning it.

Not even sure that sterling made any out and out sprints. He was obviously conscious of pulling his hamstring. Silva also injured and nasri seemed a bit lost. Bony is so low on confidence he's beginning to look a lot like dzeko in his last season for us. He may struggle if he's not getting enough game time which is a shame because he won't get enough game time, especially playing like that
Fernandinho was unbelievably good. Thought at pogba was excellent in the first half and anonymous in the second until that pass.
Buffon man of the match

You have come on here to read it, were you expecting everyone to be pleased after witnessing the same performance and outcome as we have seen for a few years now. We have spent massive amounts of money on new players whereas Juve have lost some of their best but were far more streetwise than us.
I understand people are pissed off, so am I. It's not those posts I mean. It was the one where someone said we should sack the champions league off now and focus on the league. I should have quoted that message.

Pedestrian and playing it safe. the only silver lining of this loss is It better to get the team grounded early and be reminded that we can't always conjure up our game.

I expected a tight game against Juve and that's what it was. We were never gonna rip them a new one and anyone expecting that is living in cuckoo land. They pressed and closed well when we had the ball and defended deep and in numbers, making it difficult to get behind.We did enough to win the game in my opinion but did not put away our chances when they came. They did. That's football.

We played very well for most parts of the game, and there was improvement from last season, we defended well for most parts considering we were playing the finalist of last season and it was just the amount of chances we missed and two soft goals we conceded.Tough loss to digest but i hope we could use it as launching pad

I think the only reason nasri was chosen over kdb was because of his weekend exertions and he haven't played been with the squad long enough, but going forward would like to see him being more bold and play further up top rather than just limited on the wings

Dino was way better than pogba though and pogba was way better than yahya
This is a more realistic post. Not sure we played "very well for most parts", but we certainly weren't awful & there definitely was an improvement on last year. Whenever we've played one of the top teams in recent years it's been very obvious who the better team is, today was the first time against a quality team in Europe where I felt we were the better team & actually deserved to win (including matches we've won against Bayern).

They were just the more clinical team, 2 chances 2 goals. Whereas we get 1 goal from 4-5 chances.

And yes it seems obvious that Nasri was given the chance to show his worth against Palace after playing well as a sub in previous matches & he put in a pretty good performance. Pellegrini had to show faith in him, but sadly was let down. I hope & expect going forward now KDB will see more game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.