Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was interesting to see the intensity in their attacks before our goal and after it. Before it they didnt care, were happy with 0-0created no problem for us. They didnt test our defence.

After the goal they started to attack us and we just didnt defend at all, Hart had to make saves and the two goals of course...

Make no mistake this Juve is in shit form and lost crucial players but their tactics and mentality was 100% spot on tonight. And that won them the game even if its really hard to beat City in Etihad 1-0 down.

Their strikers had probably 1-1 chance each all game, they scored two from those. Bony should look at those and learn. If he doesnt start to score when he can lead the line, not much point in him leading the line. His first touch is great but not much comes off of it. Dzeko at least scored the odd goals, lot of important ones as well.

We need to qualify but we need to do it in 1st place to avoid some crazy tough opponents in next round. Txiki knows this, Pelle knows this, players know this. We need at least two wins, 1 draw until we meet Juve again on 5th matchday.

So for me if its not a win in Germany, than a win at home vs Sevilla, then draw at least in Sevilla before Juve-City game our chances for 1st place are gone. And as its CL we might as well find ourselves in a battle for 2nd who knows.

Some will question Pellegrini but it's the same players not translating PL performances to UCL football, pretty simple.
Pellers gets the stick before anyone else. Barca would never keep a match fit Suarez on the bench for Pedro in respect for the latter, in a match of this magnitude. It was important for us to put down our strongest foot!!! If KDB got the nod ahead of Nasri and underperfomed, that's another kettle of fish and in such a situation, I would never blame pellers. Ill never understand the idea of resting your 'special' player in a match of this magnitud. We were already weakened by one man (in having Bony instead of our talisman) but we chose to further weaken ourselves by keeping our special player on the bench for 70 mins. On the other hand Juve rested key players over the weekend which showed they were not taking chances but we thought we could just do anything and get away with it. Reminds me of very laughable decisions Mancini often took in his last season in charge that ultimately cost him his job. Summary: we did this to ourselves, pellers gets 100% of the blame. Call me an extremist but you can't make him look any better

I expected a tight game against Juve and that's what it was. We were never gonna rip them a new one and anyone expecting that is living in cuckoo land. They pressed and closed well when we had the ball and defended deep and in numbers, making it difficult to get behind.We did enough to win the game in my opinion but did not put away our chances when they came. They did. That's football.
Agree 100% with this! I actually had a txt tonight off a fellow city fan saying always next year!!! Some people a clueless.

More evidence Silva and Nasri shouldn't both play against a team that will put 10 men behind the ball, they slow the play down way too much and it's too easy to defend against.
It is a fact that Silva did not start against Roma - in probably our best European performance - when Nasri scored that beauty.

At this rate we might get the hang of European football by the 2055/56 season

Bit of a let down again,Bony is just awful,he just doesn't move and gives no outlet at all, can't understand why Nasri and Silva both played...disappointed!

Ok the display was pretty poor from the players. But what the hell was that from the supporters. It was a huge champions league night and the entire stadium was quiet. The small Juventus contingent was louder. Poor display from everyone tonight. Or maybe I'm just pissed off.
Posting from your phone or live close to the ground? Or weren't fucking there so shut the fuck up about supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.