Post Match Thread: City v Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were unlucky because for the most part we bossed that game and had the game under control.

They produced two good moments and I can't remember much else from them. Both defences predictably were on top. Their 2nd goal just came from nothing. Great piece of skill but he had to put it onto the inside of the post to score. If he tried that 10 times again, I bet he couldn't do it again.

Juve will get better as the season goes on and they bed in.

People are confusing 'controlling the game' with Juventus allowing us to pass it in front their entire 11.

Considering the opposition, that was one of our most composed CL performances until the moment of the first goal and in that moment we made 2 basic errors. We gave one of the best midfielders in the world time to get his head up and pick a pass into the box whilst at the same time trying to hold a defensive line on the edge of the box. If we can't get a midfielder to close Pogba down in time the defence has to be on the backfoot, so there's no space behind.

They didn't do that once and that's the difference.

People are confusing 'controlling the game' with Juventus allowing us to pass it in front their entire 11.
They were perfectly happy to let us pass it around...slowly.

But at 1-0 Sterling had a great chance and hit it to the exact place he shouldn't.

Then they punished us.

PSG performs much better than City in CL for whatever reason, PSG doesn't seem to have this inferiority complex.

There are a few observations on tonights performance. Some have been mentioned already like Navas who should have been sold in the summer. Bony is I'm afraid to say is useless or at least he is in our side. Controversially I believe part of our problem is Sagna who because he has defended so well this season is hard to drop but he doesn't give us anything like the threat Zabs does, more often than not he slows the play down. Kolorov isn't disciplined enough to be in a successful champions league side ( in all honesty he is a liability most of the time). and finally whats with the powderpuff shooting ?put your foot through the ball for fuck sake, Fern could show some of them how it's done.
0 marks for pellers tonight as well for being far to slow to ring the changes.
Bony has hardly played and you expect him to produce just like that. How is the comment about Navas relevant to tonight's game?

Juve were finalists yet most people I heard thought City were the better team so we can't be that bad. At this level, games turn on details, and we Juve produced two moments of high quality

Bony this, Navas that is just miles off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.