Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

He went straight down the tunnel. I was watching because I thought he must be injured, there's no way we'd make an unnecessary sub like that one.
Not heard anything since though.

Him going down the tunnel does seem to suggest there's an injury but he certainly didn't look injured when doing Walker on the outside for the equaliser.

I have to wholeheartedly disagree with this.

Spurs were playing really deep and passing the ball accross their back 4 for long periods, trying to encourage us to press them, and leave space in behind.

That's how they battred us at WHL, they were just running through us from the half way line, we couldn't cope with them on the break.

Yesterday it was crystal clear that we'd been instructed to hold our shape, not press the ball high up the pitch, let Spurs have the ball in their own half, and then try to break on them ourselves with Yaya, Sterling and Aguero.

There were so many around me in the stands who seemingly didn't understand that this was the game plan. Spurs were passing it square along their back 4 for the 100th time and people were screaming "pressure them" "get a bloody tackle in!"

Pellegrini actually got his tactics spot on. Spurs created absolutely nothing, they had one speculative shot from 30 yards. They didn't get behind us once. They scored 3 from getting behind us at WHL.

They got gifted a "penalty" from the worlds biggest **** of a referee who frankly should go on a reality show instead of refereeing as he's only concerned about being on TV and gaining attention. His linesman is also surely the most inept official ever involved in the PL? The same one that allowed Spurs to score 2 blatantly offside goals at WHL, and incorrectly flagged Aguero off at least 3 times yesterday.

After they scored, we came out and took the game to them. We completely outclassed them for that period, it was our best performance for some time. After we scored it looked like only one team was going to win it.

Personally I didn't understand the Kolarov decision at all. He was diabolocal last week, Clichy has been playing superbly well. They'd not troubled our back 4 all afternoon, and Clichy gad just assisted a goal, so if it was a tactical switch it was clearly the wrong call.

There are a lot of positives from yesterday for me though. Kompany back, Yaya looked more interested, Silva played some sublime balls in the second half, we looked solid, tactically disciplined.

Up until the Kolarov substitution I thought the manager got the tactics spot on, so he doesn't deserve criticism for yesterday.
Nail on the head. I was level with the 3 offside decisions given against Aguero. Not one of them was correct.

Him going down the tunnel does seem to suggest there's an injury but he certainly didn't look injured when doing Walker on the outside for the equaliser.
I didn't see anything happen during the game that would suggest an injury myself tbh. Thought he was one of our better players yesterday.

I have to wholeheartedly disagree with this.

Spurs were playing really deep and passing the ball accross their back 4 for long periods, trying to encourage us to press them, and leave space in behind.

That's how they battred us at WHL, they were just running through us from the half way line, we couldn't cope with them on the break.

Yesterday it was crystal clear that we'd been instructed to hold our shape, not press the ball high up the pitch, let Spurs have the ball in their own half, and then try to break on them ourselves with Yaya, Sterling and Aguero.

There were so many around me in the stands who seemingly didn't understand that this was the game plan. Spurs were passing it square along their back 4 for the 100th time and people were screaming "pressure them" "get a bloody tackle in!"

Pellegrini actually got his tactics spot on. Spurs created absolutely nothing, they had one speculative shot from 30 yards. They didn't get behind us once. They scored 3 from getting behind us at WHL.

They got gifted a "penalty" from the worlds biggest **** of a referee who frankly should go on a reality show instead of refereeing as he's only concerned about being on TV and gaining attention. His linesman is also surely the most inept official ever involved in the PL? The same one that allowed Spurs to score 2 blatantly offside goals at WHL, and incorrectly flagged Aguero off at least 3 times yesterday.

After they scored, we came out and took the game to them. We completely outclassed them for that period, it was our best performance for some time. After we scored it looked like only one team was going to win it.

Personally I didn't understand the Kolarov decision at all. He was diabolocal last week, Clichy has been playing superbly well. They'd not troubled our back 4 all afternoon, and Clichy gad just assisted a goal, so if it was a tactical switch it was clearly the wrong call.

There are a lot of positives from yesterday for me though. Kompany back, Yaya looked more interested, Silva played some sublime balls in the second half, we looked solid, tactically disciplined.

Up until the Kolarov substitution I thought the manager got the tactics spot on, so he doesn't deserve criticism for yesterday.

That's how I saw it too - May have also different if Aguero hit the target with either of the 2 clearest chances in the game before the pen.

Anyone mentioned the Danny Rose incident when Kane was down injured? He had the ball just inside his own half and Zab was marking him. He (Rose) made as though he was going to put the ball out then suddenly ran past Zab with the ball. He then put it out further down the pitch but Zab was absolutely fuming and would have chinned him if Kompany hadn't intervened.

This is getting ridiculous.

Yaya fucked up, gave the ball away & for some reason you are trying to involve someone else in it. What was Silva doing ? What was everyone else doing ?

The question is, what would Fernando have been doing ? The answer is, protecting the team from that happening, because that's his main purpose & that's where he plays. That's why we were able to play & be tight v a better organised harder working Spurs team but were ripped apart by Leicester time & again, we had an extra body there .

The manager gambled that if we revert to two, one of them should be Yaya. Spurs took the ball off him, ran away from him & scored. If he wanted Fernandinho to play there, why not tell him ?

It's right on every point.

This is the rock and a hard place we have arrived at.

We don't hurt teams enough with Sergio up on his own. Fernando stays as the screen and there's no problem. It only becomes the problem because Pellegrini has to change it to create more chances.

In essence, it's all still done to accommodate Yaya remaining on the pitch.

Kelechi isn't Yaya, but it's still the logical choice because the team can play the percentages a whole lot better.

It provides the extra punch we needed but also allows Fernandinho to carry the ball, knowing his legs can still get him back in, with Fernando already offering the back-four the protection they had removed.

It's the same, every week. Yaya played okay yesterday, but his legs have gone and he is shoe-horned into this team, regardless of not being effective enough wherever he is.

Anyone mentioned the Danny Rose incident when Kane was down injured? He had the ball just inside his own half and Zab was marking him. He (Rose) made as though he was going to put the ball out then suddenly ran past Zab with the ball. He then put it out further down the pitch but Zab was absolutely fuming and would have chinned him if Kompany hadn't intervened.

if ever I was going to turn it would be for Zab. I absolutely love him. He epitomises everything good about football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.