Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
in other news....

2531.jpg

But for the most part the shadow cabinet has remained the same...A good thing?

You think Labour would be as inclined as the Tories to engage in a whitewash?
I wouldn't trust either as far as I could flick them to be honest, but then I'm not a rabid lefty or righty.

All I care about (in this tragedy) is that the truth comes out, and that in every other block that has been done this way, the people living there are protected, and not lied to, and neither side in the current mess fill me with any confidence at all. Also that anyone found to be corrupt, be it politicians, councillors, residential management companies, or maintenance contractors get what they deserve, a long time in prison, and I don't care what colour rosette they wear on polling day. I voted last week, but if it was to come to another election in 6 weeks, I actually don't think I would, well not for either of the 2 parties that shout loudest anyway.

What this country really needs, is the brightest brains (on all sides) to get together, sit down, and actually talk, and then come up with a plan to take our country forward for the best of everyone, but there's not a chance of that happening, last week we became more divided than ever, at a time when there possibly was an opportunity to become less divided. All they seem to have left is shouting at each other, and point scoring, its pathetic.

Thank fuck I've got football to worry about.

I wouldn't trust either as far as I could flick them to be honest, but then I'm not a rabid lefty or righty.

All I care about (in this tragedy) is that the truth comes out, and that in every other block that has been done this way, the people living there are protected, and not lied to, and neither side in the current mess fill me with any confidence at all. Also that anyone found to be corrupt, be it politicians, councillors, residential management companies, or maintenance contractors get what they deserve, a long time in prison, and I don't care what colour rosette they wear on polling day. I voted last week, but if it was to come to another election in 6 weeks, I actually don't think I would, well not for either of the 2 parties that shout loudest anyway.

What this country really needs, is the brightest brains (on all sides) to get together, sit down, and actually talk, and then come up with a plan to take our country forward for the best of everyone, but there's not a chance of that happening, last week we became more divided than ever, at a time when there possibly was an opportunity to become less divided. All they seem to have left is shouting at each other, and point scoring, its pathetic.

Thank fuck I've got football to worry about.

I agree that a team of all the talents is a pipe dream. But it's not all bad news. Politics is supposed to be about a debate of ideas, we've not had that in this country for a generation so that's to be welcomed.

I can't wait for the season to start either, my round trip to the Etihad has been cut from ten hours to two and my wife and I have snaffled better seats.

so when the tories got in things were fucked and now they are even more fucked
dont need data

good argument?

No piss poor - as anyone with an ounce of sense knows things are far better than in 2008. And facts show that. Defecit down. Unemployment down. GDP up.

Didn't need any data though - just obvious.

There is no debate though, debate would be far better in the middle, not at the extremes.

All we get is noise, and rarely any compromise.

you are not advocating debate, which is a clash of ideas and is mainly noise, trying to persuade the others to your point of view

if you are looking for compromise, thats negotiation, a completely different thing.
negotiation means that both sides have to give something up to reach the compromise and both sides have to think the compromise give some advantage.
Both sides still fundamentally disagree at the end of a negotiation, but think the compromise is better than nothing.

No piss poor - as anyone with an ounce of sense knows things are far better than in 2008. And facts show that. Defecit down. Unemployment down. GDP up.

Didn't need any data though - just obvious.

NHS fucked
poor are poorer
middle class are poorer
national defence compromised from lack of funds
social care fucked
national debt at the highest level since the 1960's
higher education no longer accessible by the poor

didnt need any data though - just obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.